Epilogue

A smile crossed the young boy's face as he continued to dance inside the monstrous man he had become--the kiss the girl pressed to his cheek sending sparks throughout his aged body, softening his horrific disposition.

So this is what love felt like?

It was nothing compared to what he had felt before.

He tilted his head, watching behind his ruby colored eyes as she seemed to form a way for them to be together forever.

It was her.

She was the reason why he still lived--lived without further pain.

The girl finally took his hand, leading him out of the dark coverage of the woods and back into the warm sunlight, a childish giggle swirling inside despite the solemn aura of the cemetery. He pushed the urge to follow her toward the vehicle beyond the field, passing by multiple tombstones until coming to a halt.

He stared toward the tombstone, reading the name.

'Andrew Reinhart.'

That was  his name.

No longer did he have to refer to himself as Scarecrow, and hide behind the monstrous form. Finally, he could break away and return to a normal state, knowing he was safe from judgment with the girl gently tugging at his hand.

Slowly, he pulled away to trail after her, listening to the titles she wanted to give the book she desired to write about him--about them.

Another smile pulled across his lips.

'Experiment Scarecrow.'

The girl would reveal the truth--she did  reveal the truth, and at last, the desperate, fearful, young boy could rest; peacefully merging with the man he had grown into, knowing the girl was there to love, and care, for him forever.