Chapter One

Olivia Jade Marshall wasn't the type of girl to back down from a fight but she also wasn't the type to seek one out either. But I guess bully's don't care if you want to fight or not and that was the case for Olivia. But being the younger sister of a werewolf had its perks. Protection for example and loyalty two things that are hard to come by were given to her since birth by her older sister. Ever since Olivia and her sister Hayley had been thrown out by their adoptive parents they'd been looking out for each other.

Eventually though Hayley and Olivia found themselves in the realm of the supernatural, Hayley pregnant by a Mickealson and Olivia a doppelgänger of the past lover of Elijah and Klaus. Due to this unfortunate turn of events when the two traveled to New Orleans for a fresh start and to find their werewolf brethren they instead were abducted by witches to use against Klaus and Elijah.

"We have someone you might want to see." Sofie said bringing the two girls out. Hayley hide her little sister behind herself despite knowing she was quiet capable of defending herself. "Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked rather rudely. "I'm Elijah." The man answered. Olivia didn't recognize him at first but upon closer inspection she found him to be familiar. "And you are?" He said.

"Hayley." Olivia's older sister answered. "Leave us alone for a moment please." Elijah said not taking his eyes off the girls. Sofie and the other witches left the three alone while also keeping a close eye on them. "Walk with me?" Elijah said gesturing to the two. The girls followed him further into the cemetery without another word.

Elijah guided the girls further into the cemetery where he and Hayley took a seat next to each other. "Why don't you sit, Olivia?" Elijah said looking to Hayley's sister. "You know her?" Hayley asked confused. "We've met, in a past life." Elijah answered. "Sit please." Elijah said gesturing to the seat beside him.

Olivia looked at him for a moment and chose to sit beside her sister. She didn't know him and she certainly didn't trust him. Elijah smiled amused by the girls defiant nature before redirecting his attention to Hayley. "I don't understand how this could happen, I mean vampires are dead. They can't have children." Hayley said.

"Maybe if you both understood my brother's past you could begin to see how this is possible." He said going to touch both their temples with each of his hands. "What are you doing?" Olivia asked dodging his hand easily. "Relax. If you open your mind to me, I can show you." He said reaching for their temples and this time neither of them moved away.

They heard Elijah's voice as if he were speaking to them through some type of mind link. "In the beginning, our family was human." He said as both sisters began to see the world through his eyes. They saw his siblings playing and one in particular stood out to Olivia. Klaus, she whispered through the mind link. "A thousand years ago. Although our mother dabbled in the dark arts, we were largely just a family trying to survive in a time when it was quite difficult to do so." Elijah said continuing his story.

"And for better or for worse, we were happy." Olivia heard him speak as she watched the scene play out. They were all laughing the original family happy for once. "That is until however one night, our youngest brother was killed by our villages greatest threat." Elijah said as the scene changed from that of happiness to great tragedy. "Men who could transform themselves into wolves during a full moon. Our family was devastated. None more than Nicklaus." He continued.

"Desperate to protect the rest of us, our farther forced our mother to call upon her black magic in order to make us stronger. And thus the first vampires were born. But with this speed this strength this immortality came this terrible hunger. And no one felt this hunger more than Nicklaus. And when he killed for the first time we found out what he truly was. He wasn't just a vampire." Elijah said before releasing them from the memories.

"He was also a werewolf." Hayley finished for him. "That's how the werewolf curse works. It isn't activated until you've taken a life." Olivia spoke for the first time. "Correct. Klaus was the result of an indiscretion our mother had hidden from us all. And affair with a werewolf such as your self." Elijah said directing the last comment towards Hayley. "Infuriating by this betrayal our farther forced our mother to call upon her black magic to cast a spell that would suppress Klaus's werewolf side." Elijah continued.

"Your dad was a dick." Hayley said to which both Elijah and Olivia chuckled at. "I guess you might as well know my name if you're going to tell us your whole life story. But you already know it. Right?" Olivia asked. "Right." Elijah responded smiling at her. "There's just one thing I don't understand. What does my sister have to with any of this?" Hayley asked. "Yeah that I didn't quite understand either. You said you knew me but I don't know you somehow?" Olivia asked.

"You don't remember me, I mean you couldn't because I met you in 1918." Elijah said waiting for the girls reaction. "What?" Hayley asked. "That's not possible." Olivia said. "Oh it is indeed quite possible. You see you were born to be my brother's universal opposite. His soulmate." Elijah explained.

"Are you saying I'm a doppelgänger?" Olivia asked. "Not exactly. The universe always finds a way to put people that we need in our path. And when my brother met you, oh he was so happy,  for a time. " Elijah said trying to explain the best he could. "And what happened?" Olivia asked. "I'll have to let Klaus explain that one." Elijah said not going into any further details.

Just then Sofie Devero and the other witches came into the area they were in. Olivia wondered if they were there the whole time listening to their conversation. Hayley glared at the witches angry at the interruption but Elijah just stared intently at them as if accessing any possible danger. "We're done waiting. We need you to get your brother Klaus to cooperate with us." Sofie said.

"Explain." Elijah said impatiently. "We need Klaus to destroy Marcel." She continued. "Marcel, the vampire Marcel?" Elijah asked. "Yes. He's gotten to powerful. We want him gone and if we don't get what we want we'll kill the girls." Sofie said. Just then the witches used their powers to incapacitate the two girls. On the floor both Hayley and Olivia clutched their sides.

"Let them go." Elijah said anger leaking into his voice. "If you want Marcel dead, I'll do it myself." He said. "No, we have a plan that needs to be followed." Sofie said. "Fine, I'll get him. Just don't hurt them. I'll be back." Elijah said directing his last sentence to the girls who were now able to rise to their feet. "You have one hour." Sofie said before Elijah disappeared.

A/N: some of this story will probably be a little bit different then the show but I hope you enjoy nonetheless. Sorry this chapter took me so long to write, I just kept changing my mind about how I wanted it to go and since I'm a perfectionist it was that much harder to get it to a place I was satisfied with. Anyway I'm going to start working on the second chapter which will definitely have more Klaus in it so stay tuned for that.

Oh also, be sure to comment and vote to let me know you enjoy the story. You can also let me know if there's anything you'd like to see or ways you think I could improve.

Thanks, peace!