12

-«Sometimes you have to stand alone, just to make sure you still can»-

The girls were gathered in their dormitory. By the girls, we mean Nara, Jennie, Maria, and Hailey. They were peacefully talking about each of their day, but most importantly about prom.

"Okay. So here's the thing. I don't think anyone would ask me to go with them for prom" complained Jennie.

"You never know. Maybe tomorrow your prince charming will ask you" commented Hailey.

"You sound so confident. Do you already have a partner?" asked Maria.

"Of course I do" replied Hailey with a smirk.

"What about you Nara?" questioned Maria.

"I don't have anyone yet" replied Nara with a shrug.

"Don't worry though. Tomorrow Ben will ask her to go with him" added Jennie.

But before Nara could protest a knock interrupted them. The girls glanced at each other before Maria volunteered to open the door.

"I'll go get it" she said standing up.

"Let's go together" said Jennie standing up as the other two did the same.

They all stood back as Maria opened the door. However, as soon as the door was open a chaos occurred. Zoe, Asia, and Sahar were the knockers and they quickly attacked their target which was none other than Hailey.

"You little bitch! You tried to steal my boy friend!" yelled Zoe pulling Hailey's hair.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Let go!" Hailey yelled back, wincing in pain.

She couldn't defend herself because Sahar and Asia were holding each of her arms.

"Playing innocent now, I see" Exclaimed Zoe before slapping her cheek.

The three other roommates were watching the scene unfold in front of their eyes with scared and confused expressions. But thankfully the sound of the slap and Hailey's yell brought them back to reality. They quickly went to the bullies to part them away from Hailey.

"Stop it! Talk it out first" said Nara, holding Zoe back.

"Talk it out? Do you even know what that bitch did?" barked Zoe pushing Nara away.

"You can't do that here, unless you want us to call the guards" said Jennie pulling Sahar back.

"Oh, now you're teaming up with her?" commented Asia.

"And threatening us?" added Sahar pushing Jennie.

"Listen, we don't want these stuffs here. Please leave" said Jennie stopping herself from punching Sahar in the face.

"Just step back and don't get involved" said Asia returning to grab Hailey's arm.

But Hailey was quick to twist Asia's hand behind her back.

"You realize who you are messing with, right?" hissed Hailey.

And with that the fight started with the girls pulling each other's hair and slapping each other. Maria, Jennie, and Nara didn't want to get involved but at the same time they felt the urge to stop them. So of course, they got hit in between too. The yelling and screaming inside the room caused their neighbors to get out and check if something's wrong. That included April and Elise too. April quickly called the guard and they were able to put an end to the fight.

The fight ended with Hailey having a nosebleed and a dark bruised eye. Maria had scratched over her arm. Nara and Jennie both had swollen cheeks and messy hair. But the thing that was important was; what will happen if they see each other at school again?

The next day the students in the school were all gossiping about the girls fighting. Of course the girls' appearance with bandaged and swollen faces didn't make things any better. They were all receiving stares from the students around them. Maria was trying to get as unnoticed as possible by the students around her as she was picking her books from the locker. Just then, William saw her and waved Ryle off to go to her. The two faced each other and William examined her face.

"I already heard everything. Are you okay?" asked William.

"Yeah, just some scratches. I'm okay" replied Maria smiling sheepishly at her scars.

"Didn't know you could fight" commented William as they started walking to class together.

"Well, I didn't really want to get involved, but yeah..." said Maria.

"There was actually something I wanted to ask you" said William coming to a stop near their classroom.

"What is it?" asked Maria, seeing him hesitating.

"Do you want to....go to prom with me?" he suggested with hopeful eyes.

Maria was a little taken a back but replied regardless.

"Sure. I don't have anyone to go with anyway. You know, it's better to go with a friend than staying home" replied Maria with a smile.

"Cool.... A friend" William mumbled the last part to himself.

And then they entered the class to find Nara and Jennie's seat crowded with students. It seemed like Elise had enough, since she stood up and glared at the students.

"Until when are you going to stay here? Don't you have anything better to do?" she ranted with a loud voice.

That made the students scatter away and leave them alone.

"Finally, thank you Elise" said Nara, to which Elise nodded.

"Doesn't it hurt?" asked April pointing at their bruises that was covered with bandage.

"It's way better than Hailey's, so I'm thankful for that" replied Jennie.

"I can't believe all of this happened because of a boy" commented Nara.

Just then Felix and Leon entered the class and went to them.

"Wow, I think you guys fought well" greeted Felix.

"Good morning to you, too" replied Jennie sarcastically.

"You two are going to prom together, right?" Nara asked Felix and April with a teasing smile.

"Of course" they replied in union holding each other's hand.

"You guys are too cute that I want to throw up" commented Elise with a fake smile.

"And we are going together" said Leon pointing at Elise and himself.

"Who said that?" asked Elise raising an eyebrow at him.

"I did" replied Leon.

"I never agreed to go with you" stated Elise.

"Well then, do you have anyone else to go with?" added Leon.

Elise thought for a moment and you could tell she didn't have anyone.

"I hate that you are right" mumbled Elise with a frown.

"Just admit you can't resist my charms" said Leon cockily.

"Shut up" said Elise with a glare that made the boy go to his seat with a laugh.

"Just get together already" muttered Jennie, loud enough for Nara to hear and chuckle.

Unlike the other days, today seemed like it won't come to an end. During lunch the students were gathered in the cafeteria to eat lunch. Ben happened to sit with Jennie and Nara. They talked about all the stuffs that were going on inside the school; of course it included the fight too.

"So you already knew that he was cheating" commented Ben amazed.

"Yeah, and we got hit even though we tried to stay away" replied Nara.

"Guess girls know how to fight too" he said continuing with his food.

"Don't underestimate girls" said Jennie pointing her fork at him, before standing up, "I have to go, I'll catch up with you later" she told Nara.

She then lowered herself to whisper something to Ben.

"Ask her already before someone else does" she mumbled.

Ben gave her a confused look but she just faked a smile at him and went away.

"Do you have a partner for prom?" asked Nara, not seeing the little interaction between them.

"Not really. I might just stay in the dorm" replied Ben eating his food.

"Come on, it's your last year of school you should enjoy every part of it" assured Nara.

"Well, then do you want go with me?" he asked, realizing what Jennie meant, "That's if you're not going with Jennie"

"No, she already has someone to go with. A minor asked her for prom before coming to the cafeteria" explained Nara.

"A minor?" asked Ben with a chuckle.

"Yeah" replied Nara with a smile.

"So, is that a yes?" questioned Ben hesitantly.

"Sure. I shouldn't let my friend spend his day alone anyway" answered Nara with a giggle that made Ben smile too.

Tom and Roy were roaming around the school looking for partners, too. So far they've been rejected by four students. Regardless they still looked around for someone.

Julia and Ara happened to be in class. Julia slowly collected her stuffs to leave when Ara decided to take the chance and speak up.

"Are you going for prom?" she asked glancing at her direction.

"I'm not sure yet. I still don't have a partner" replied Julia not looking up.

"Do you....want to go with me?" asked Ara hesitantly.

That made Julia look at her with a confused expression.

"But we need a boy to be our partner" she said with a nervous chuckle.

Upon realization her eyes widened and Ara gave her a knowing look.

"Are you..?" she didn't know how to continue the sentence.

Before Ara could say anything, Roy and Tom approached them.

"Hey guys!" they greeted already sounding fishy.

"You know with all the things going on, we still haven't find a partner for prom," said Roy looking at Tom.

"So, we wondered if you guys want to be our partners for prom." Continued Tom with hopeful eyes.

Julia looked confused. Not about the boys but about her friend. Is she even a friend anymore? How come she liked her and she didn't know anything?

"Sorry, I don't think I will join this year. I will go out first" she said and left as quickly as she could.

Ara looked at her disappear out of the class and sighed. She messed up bad. She then looked at the boys again.

"I'm not joining" she simply stated that made the boys lose hope.

"These were the eighth person rejecting us" Roy told Tom with a sigh.

"I still want to go though" said Tom.

Roy thought for a few moments. Then just like a light bulb lit on his head he looked at Tom with wide eyes.

"I just got a great idea" he said with a smile.

Zoe was walking in the hallways when two familiar faces appeared not that far away. She clenched her jaw when she saw how close they were standing with each other. She moved closer and stood in front of them but they seemed unfazed. Of course, it was none other than Hailey and Rocky.

"What are you two doing?" she hissed glaring specifically at Hailey.

"Cant you see? I'm walking with my boyfriend" replied Hailey with a shrug.

"You really have no shame, do you?" said Zoe.

"Enough Zoe, get out of our way" said Rocky.

"Aren't you going to explain yourself?" asked Zoe turning to him.

"There's nothing to explain. Just know that we're not together anymore" he replied coldly.

"But why? What did go wrong for this to suddenly happen?" she asked, feeling that tears were slowly feeling her eyes.

"You're boring. Does this answer satisfy you?" he answered boringly.

"Now if you excuse us..." said Hailey and pushed her out of their way.

They went away together and by this point Zoe could do nothing except watching them disappear as tears streamed down her face. She quickly wiped them away though and glared at the students who were standing and staring.

"Mind your business all of you, will you?" she snapped that made them leave her there.

Guess their so called perfect relationship ended like that.