Belfast

Belfast's POV:

I had a job, made by her majesty herself. That is to visit this so called restaurant in the Azur Lane base. Uneventful Night? I must say, it is quite an odd name. And to think it serves Japanese cuisine? 

It did pique my interest, and I only found out about it now. Though I can usually see a Sakura Empire ship visit the place often, which made me interested even more. 

Which is why right now I am in front of this restaurant called Uneventful Night. I scanned the main building itself, and to my surprise it is quite neat and tidy despite being small. The logo that they have is both catching and simple.

They passed the check for first impressions. It looks more like one of those ancient Japanese buildings that I usually see in the Sakura Empire's base. It is indeed quite a great work of art. 

I stepped in front of the sliding door and a sign caught my eyes, there it was written, to remove our shoes first before entering? "Huh?" I subconsciously hummed skeptically, though that doesn't matter, if it is what they ask for then I shall.

Belfast removed her shoes and opened the door, taking the first steps into the restaurant with her socks on. And the first smell her noise had caught was the appealing smell of food. This restaurant is completely checking all of the checklists. 

"Welcome to Uneventful Night. How many are you?" A young man with snow-white hair, and ruby bloodshot eyes greeted me with a small smile, approaching me. 

As he asked that question I bowed towards him. "One." I replied calmly while the young man nodded, writing on his small notepad before pointing towards a small table, no the table was extremely tiny.

Is it normal for Japanese people to sit in the floor rather than on a chair? I can't help but ask that in my mind, though it is not my place to berate the Japanese culture. "I understand your reluctance but have you heard of the "seiza" position?" 

"I have heard of it, yes." I replied to his question. "I understand, you want me to sit in that position, correct?" I continued while he nodded and I did as he had asked me to, sitting in the weird bamboo-like mat in a seiza position. 

"What type of beverage would you like?" The young man asked while he was smiling warmly at me, his tone was both endearing as if similar to a lullaby, now that I got a good closer look of his face.

He is quite cute.

!?

What did I just think about? Well that doesn't matter. My brain turned off for a single second there, though I managed to reply. "J-just tea." I stuttered like an idiot, what happened to me? I sighed in dismay. "Forgive my stuttering... I'm just-"

"A bit under the weather? I can tell from your face. If you need something from me, like a simple chat, you can always talk to me." The young man's voice was soft and filled with sincerity, as if nothing brought him more joy than just to serve people. 

"I'll take you up on that offer." I replied with a small smile, that weird sensation I just felt? I can't understand, well in the most part, I can't get a good grip on this boy at all, it's as if he was a shadow... No that isn't correct.

He's a light covered by shadows, as such I can't see through him. His actions were too formal, his pose and how he walks... now that I think of it, when he walked his footsteps gave no sounds at all. Which poses a question in my mind. Who is this young man? 

"I have a question... If it is possible for you to answer." 

"Go ahead." 

"How is your restaurant in the port of Azur Lane?" I asked while raising my eyebrow, that is extremely weird, how is a restaurant in the port of a naval base?

"I'm afraid you'll have to consult your commander with that." He said with a small disappointed frown while heavily sighing, but soon enough that small frown turned into the brightest smile I have ever seen. "But you can rest, I'm not an enemy." He further commented, but it seems as though I can't help but believe his soft-spoken words.

As if he was swindling me away with his soft tone and his ethereal face. 

Why am I thinking all of this!?

It was weird for me to lose my composure, not in front of a person that sees me as a stranger, deep breaths Belfast, just... deep breaths... This is bad... I rarely break my composure. "One more question..." For some reason as though I dropped my formal tone and said that with a soft and meek voice. 

"Your question is?" 

"May I ask for your name?" I asked politely, regaining my composure with a heavy sigh, I looked up to him with a small smile and he also smiled warmly back.

"Yui Murasaki. Call me Yui." He added with a small smile, a small smile that seemed to sent me in a spiral... that I don't know, I don't know what I'm feeling right now, it just feels good. "Are you a maid?" He suddenly asked and I giggled.

"As from my attire, I am indeed a maid." I explained and answered his question with a small smile, and he widened his eyes in curiosity a bit. 

"A maid? I see..."

"Why do you ask?"

"As a maid, have you ever been pampered by anyone?"

"!?" I widened my eyes a bit, now that is a question that has piqued my interest, have I ever felt pampered. As much as I can tell, I haven't that is. I shook my head and replied. "I haven't."

"I see... That is quite a tough life." Yui commented with a small smile, before crouching, leveling our gazes into each other, and in this position I can clearly see the ruby red eyes that he possess. Like thousands of roses blooming all at once. "Eyes can tell what a person is, despite their first impressions and how they speak." 

"What do you mean?" I can't help but be curious about what he's talking about.

"You want to be closer to a human, correct?" 

"!?"

"Do you want me to teach you?"