CHAPTER 2: Lost in the other realm

Where.. am.. I?

Everything seems so peaceful here. After being swallowed by that unfamiliar light during the ritual, I can't think straight. But one thing is for sure...

Am I in the water? Did I get drown? How is that possible? I don't remember going near any lakes or seas.

"HEREEE COMES THE SACRIFICEEE!"

Jeez, my dreams are getting weirder. Even though I'm dead, I'm still dreaming? What kind of science--

*SLAP*

"WHO THE FVCK SLAPS ME?!" I immediately stand up, feeling the sting on my face. Yes, my face, literally my face.

As I open my eyes, they widen even more as I see the creature who slapped me. I can't even determine if it's human or something else.

"So, you're the sacrifice? You don't look like one," this almost-human, almost-creature says to me, treating me like a joke. Well, based on its voice, it sounds like a man, but that doesn't change the fact that he's some sort of unidentified creature.

"I'm not an 'almost human,' 'almost creature,' or anything your stupid thoughts think of me. I'm a merman. A fvcking merman, for Pete's sake."

Can mermaids curse? Dang, this is new.

I look at this so-called merman with a strange expression, as if it's my first time seeing one... well, it is actually my first time. I don't remember a mermaid in my world. Speaking of the world, it's quite strange to encounter a merman here.

 Speaking of the world, it's quite strange to encounter a merman here

In fairness, this mermaid has the looks, but his attitude... nah, I can't describe it anymore. Well, this merman has pale white skin, yellow eyes with sharp eyebrows and long, beautiful eyelashes. He has long, shiny white hair on the sides of his face, reaching his waist-length.

Although he has fins on both sides of his head that look like ears, he has a big, shiny white tail.

He is naked from the waist up. The leather is decorated with various shells and seaweed, adding to his mysterious persona. Quite cool.

"Ohh I get it" I say, snapping my fingers to show that I understand.

"That's a good thing--"

"You're a fish," i said

he then look at me seriously.