The Cove

*Kailyn’s POV*

My best friend Tessa and I sit in the backseat of my 21 year old cousin Archer’s topless white Lamborghini, flying down a dark road on our way to a party. The only things that can be seen are the headlights from Archer’s car. Loud music blares from his radio, and Tessa and I are talking excitedly in the back. Tessa has straightened her brown hair and is wearing a short and slim black dress with matching heels. Her beautiful locks fly about as the car speeds down the road.

To keep my blond hair from getting messed up, I hold it with one hand, and keep the other on my white one-sleeve dress. Being preoccupied by keeping my hair pretty allows me to forget how much my red stilettos are killing me.

“What are these parties usually like?” asks Tessa, straining to project her voice so that it is louder than the roaring wind.

“They’re insane!” Archer shouts back. “The music is great and the atmosphere is amazing, but the people are crazy! I’d say they go ham, but that’s an understatement.”

“And you don’t think that they’re gonna care that Kailyn and I are only sixteen?” Tessa continues.

“Nah!” replies Archer. “The fake IDs that I gave you guys look so legit that they’ll totally believe you guys are 21.”

Tessa has no more questions, so she relaxes in her seat. We are silent for the rest of our journey to the nightclub. The booming music is the only audible sound coming from inside the car.

Soon, we arrive in front of the nightclub. It is a rectangular one story building with chestnut brick walls. On the face of the establishment is a hot pink neon sign that reads ‘The Cove’. The sign, along with the upbeat dance music playing, causes my excitement to grow. Eagerly, I hop out of the car, but Archer stops me.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” he asks, waving the fake IDs in my face. He hands me the one on top. “Your new name is Rosie Oakley.” He hands the second ID to Tessa. “Your new name is Julianne Wright.”

Tessa and I examine the cards we have just been given. The authenticity of the cards’ appearances stuns me.

“These look so real!” Tessa exclaims.

Archer smirks. “Didn’t I tell ya?” he asks. “Alright, well I don’t wanna keep you waiting any longer. Have the time of your lives in there. Text me when you want me to pick you up. If you don’t, I’ll just come at midnight. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!” he shouts to us as he makes his way back to the car. Tessa and I happily wave goodbye to him as he drives away.

The two of us walk up to the front door, which has velvet rope on either side of it. A giant well-dressed man stands in front of the door. He looks down at us sternly. “Identification, please,” he booms.

Obediently, Tessa and I hand him the IDs. The man looks them over cautiously. After an eternity, he hands them back to us and squints at us. I gulp.

He suddenly opens the door to the club. “Right this way, ladies,” he says, smiling at us.

Grinning, Tessa and I enter the club. As we are walking in, I hear a smacking sound. We shut the door behind us.

“What was that?” I ask.

“That security guard just put his hands on the merchandise,” replies Tessa angrily. Instantly, I burst into laughter.

The hallway leading to the actual party is quite long. As we saunter down it, Tessa and I talk about what we will do when we get there.

“We’ve agreed not to drink, right?” she asks me. I nod.

“Keep your cup covered at all times. I’m not letting you out of my sight, so don’t let me out of yours,” I continue.