➥𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎: 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓, but you certainly weren't the unluckiest. But today, it seemed as if you were one of the most unfortunate people in the world. Your perfectly normal day was going perfectly ordinary.

Until it wasn't.

(curse you, Lady Luck!)

You were supposed to go on an outing with your friends, but you somehow caught a cold. (It was summer in the Philippines.) So in an attempt to nurse yourself back to health, you went to the store to get some very necessary things. Yep, you totally didn't plan on buying chichirya, yep, totally not. (Lies.)

On the way there, you stumble on a small rock (Who the fuck stumbles over a small rock?), and fall face first into the dusty road below you, and to top it off, before you could even get up, a whole ass crowd runs over you like in those silly cartoons. You're pretty sure you broke your nose after that incident and you can already feel the bruises that are about to pop up the next day. Lovely.

And as if your day couldn't get any more worse, you, still disheveled and bruised from the whole crowd incident, cross the rails without looking left or right. And guess what? The train hits you. Wow. Lovely, just lovely.

(You could see your mamay and papay facepalm when they hear about your death. Should've looked left and right.)

Literally on the verge of dying, your mind decides to wander off to who knows where, and you find yourself suddenly thinking about something one of your friends said.

"Broo.. what if, when we die, we get reincarnated into, like, an anime universe or something? Wouldn't that be, like, so, uhhh...cool...?"

'Why the fuck am I thinking of the concept of reincarnation when I'm literally on the brink of death.' You think to yourself. Although...it would be kinda cool if whatever divine being out there decided to give you another chance at life in an anime dimension or whatever. Your mind starts to wander off yet again, and you once again find yourself thinking of the response one of your friends gave to that question.

"Not gonna lie, I'd want to be reincarnated into Bungo Stray Dogs to interact with the cast, but like... I would probably die within the first hour so..."

You internally facepalm. Gosh, that fucking simp. All the conversations you had with f/n one way or another, turned into her telling you the entire storyline or her simping for half the cast and you barely even listening to her rambling. Huh, wouldn't it be ironic if you got reincarnated into Bungo Stray Dogs with little to no knowledge of the story at all? Yes, it would be quite ironic. You almost forget you're dying. Almost.

Shockingly enough, the passerby don't even seem to care, although you see a person dialing the police, you assume.

'Atleast someone cares..'

Attempting to open your eyes, your eyes focus on a star, not as bright as the other stars, you note. Maybe you should make a wish, as cliche as it sounds, you finally feel at peace... you suppose that's the word, as you drowsily attempt to keep your eyes open.

'To the divine being somewhere out there, please keep me at peace.'

...Too bad the universe had other plans for you.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

A/N: and that's that for the prologue! please give constructive criticism in the comments so i can improve. i tried to make the reader as gender neutral as possible, so if you spot any mistakes, please kindly inform me! and i hope you guys enjoyed the prologue :)