chapter 5

Sam sat in her car outside the station debating whether to call in sick. Today was her birthday. She never really liked her birthday it would often be forgotten about between her mum's work and her step dad drinking since leaving el paso her birthday often was spent at home watching movies. As she walked up the stairs she was meet by the 118 "happy birthday" they all yelled
She expected this as it was the Same routine every year they would say happy birthday Bobby made breakfast.
"Thank you," she said with a faint smile. Chim and hen went to each side of Sam grabbing an arm each taking her round to the sofa where she was bombarded with questions.
" so what you doing tonight?" Chim asked as he did every year
"I am not sure yet"
"Your family planning a surprise?" Hen asked. Sam felt her heart ache at the mention of her family. After she joined the military every year she would hope for a birthday letter but every year she was let down but she was a kid then but now she knew better then to hope.
"I don't know" she said trying not to let on what she felt "I will be back in a minute" buck noticed Sam smile fall as she wondered out of the station.
" Hey you ok?" Buck asked as he sat next to her on a bench.
" Yeah just needed 5" Sam said as she looks down
"Your not doing anything for your birthday are you?"
" Is it that obvious"
" no just to someone who also has a shit family" in that moment Sam felt something she had not felt in a while she felt understood.
"Omg thank god some one who understands. Shit that came out wrong sorry"
" it's fine" buck said with a small laugh " so how about I take you out tonight just a couple of drinks?"
" you know what why the fuck not" for once Sam began to look forward to her birthday.

Time skip :
Sam slowly entered the bar as she looked around for buck. When she didn't see him at first she turned around a sadness replaced her exsitment. That was till buck pushed his way to her " hey sorry I am late" he said as Sam she examined what he was wearing. This was the first time she had Seen him out of work cloths. He wore black trousers with a red hoodie and black jacket over top.(outfit inspo at the end of the chapter) . "You look good" he say catching his breath
"You don't clean up to bad your self" she said as she turned away from him trying to hide her blush
"Hi I will have a jack and Coke " Sam ordered turning to buck waiting for him to order.
"Just whatever you have on tap in fine " he said garbing a stool.
"So tell me what was life like before you go here?" Sam asked buck
"Well i grew up with my sister and persons in Pennsylvania left basically when I could. Traveled a bit  but I never really found home "
"I have only ever found home once "
" were was that?"
"El paso" she said as a smile spread across her Face" it were my god son and honestly the only person who cared about me for a long time "
"Yeah that was my sister but she is back in Pennsylvania "
"Yeah but look were we are now we have some how ended up with the best and worse job ever"
"I will drink to that" they continue to talk for hours. Sam finally felt like she could relaxs around him. The more she talk to him to sooner she released he isn't what she thought he isn't just some fuck boy who only cares about sex he is a loveing man who truly cares about people.

Outfits