Chapter 48

But without a word, Giyuu pulled back his sword, gave the dead body a look of disgust and went out.

"You like a psychopath?", Obanai asked as he examined the dead body.

"I'll go to him.", Sanemi said and followed him, Obanai just sighed in response.

On his way out, Sanemi saw Tanjiro who was watching a sword hole in the wooden wall.

Must've been Giyuu.... Sanemi thought to himself and left. He soon saw Giyuu, who was rinsing his sword.

"Tomioka!", Sanemi said and went near him.

Giyuu looked at Sanemi, finally putting back his sword in.

"Are you fine?", Sanemi asked and Giyuu nodded but his hands were shaking and it wasn't gone unnoticed by Sanemi.

"Okay .... ?", Sanemi said but it felt more like a question as he didn't know what else to reply.

Giyuu then turned away, ready to leave but before he could, Sanemi caught his hand. Giyuu turned to look at Sanemi.

".... You're shaking.", Sanemi said as he looked down at Giyuu's hand.

"GENJI! HOLD ON! PLEASE!", both the Hashiras heard a woman's voice. The looked at each other and went to the direction of the voice.

There they saw Genya, a woman and a child. The child was crying, he was stuck on a tree. The woman and Genya were trying to help the child.

"Climb the tree.", Giyuu told Genya who looked at him, surprised by his presence.

"Yah! You can come down, just jump at me.", Sanemi yelled from behind Giyuu at the child who looked at him. Sanemi couldn't climb up because his leg was still not fully injured, so climbing down with a child wouldn't be easy.

The child looked at Giyuu and Sanemi and stopped crying. Genya was climbing the tree to save the child.

"Please save my child.", the woman pleaded to Giyuu who now noticed it was the woman who told him about the whereabouts of the man who helped demons.(Chapter 29). Giyuu nodded reassuringly at her.

"He'll be--", Giyuu was saying but stopped by a yell. When he looked up, he saw the kid launching himself at Giyuu.

Giyuu caught the child but lost balance as he wasn't ready and fell behind, upon Sanemi who caught him and fell on the ground at the impact.

"Oh my god! Genji!", the woman instantly took the child and hugged him, slowly kissing his head many times.

"Ow! I was the one you had to jump on!", Sanemi yelled at the child while securely holding Giyuu.

"You're scary.", the child said and hugged the woman tighter.

"Really?", Sanemi looked at the child in disbelief.

"Thank you, I'm really really grateful to you both.", the woman said and vowed to the Hashiras on the ground.

"It's fine.", Giyuu said, still lying down, not ready to stand up yet.

The woman slowly understood the environment and left, giving a teasing glance at Sanemi.

"You don't want to get up?", Sanemi asked as he put a hand around Giyuu's waist with a teasing smile.

"Shut up!", Giyuu said and tried to get up but Sanemi held him down. "What are you doing?", Giyuu asked as he tried to sit up.

"Resting.", Sanemi smiled at himself, it didn't matter to him if he couldn't have Giyuu, atleast he can still be close to him whenever he wants to .... For now.

Giyuu sighed and laid down comfortably too, he did need sometime to calm himself down, maybe Sanemi was a good way for it and spending time with crush, who doesn't like it?

Did they forget I'm here too?.... Genya thought to himself as he sat on the tree, not ready to get down and disturb the lovebirds.