# 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐀 :

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐈𝐀 :

Chapter song : Moonlight on the river - Mac DeMarco

"JUJU WATCH OUT" Gabriel shouts at me as I turn around confused. I couldn't even finish my thought process as Gabe's flying soccer ball slammed into my face. Ouch. Stupid soccer ball.

I sat up and watched as Gabriel rushed over to me laughing, "It's just like the old days!" He smiles cheekily. Haha, very funny. I sigh as he helps me stand up. "But are you alright though? If I hurt you tia (aunt) is gonna kill me" I shake my head and shoo him away to go back playing soccer.

Even if Gabriel loved to aim at my face during soccer, I did really miss him, and right now it really did seem like the good old days.

I will finally settle in my new house tomorrow after a week of staying with my cousin Gabriel and his flying soccer balls. Rose Hill seemed like a sweet little town. It had cute places like a diner, little shops, and of course lots of roses. It honestly seemed like a place where I would like to live in forever. It seemed more nostalgic and peaceful than where I used to live.

It was quite a relief after I heard from my mom that we were moving where all my family lived. I haven't seen my family in years, not since I was young due to my father. My father has estranged my mother and I from everyone since I was 10. He forced my mother to quit her job and for I to start doing homeschooling. He kept us at home so that he could gain more control over us.

However, that all ended when he passed away in an accident three months ago. Yayyyy. I'm joking btw, can you tell I'm coping with the loss of my father?

Anywho, growing up I didn't have any friends. I only had Mom. Now moving here was my fresh start, I can finally socialize and make the friends I've always wanted. Even when my father put my mom and I through terrible things, I should forget about it. I need to forget about it. I had forgiven him already, but I guess it's hard to forget our past.

I need to stop thinking about this, happy thoughts Júlia, happy thoughts. I skip happily into my Tia's hugeeee house. Gabriel's house was gigantic with its huge backyard and field. My mom's side of the family is pretty well off considering the business my great grandparents started in Brazil. My mom wanted to pursue a cosmetology company but ran off to America with my dad instead after she had me. Anyways, it was pretty fun exploring the house with Gabriel when we first moved here.

I walked into the pretty kitchen where my family was.
Oooo they were making lots of good food. yumm!

"Mãe, do you need help with anything?" I say as I walk closer to the food. She looks up at me with her warm eyes, and comes over to hug me. "Is it okay if you can make the passion fruit mousse?" She nods towards the ingredients. I nod and walk over to them.