everybody shot 2 •001

Imene Royal
Year 2

"Papa when I turn 18 they said they gone move me the week of my birthday." I said on the phone.

"Okay princess. Me, jr, darrian, and Riley gone be there to see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay I love you stay safe." I said.

"Stay safe I love you more." He said and I hung the phone up.

I walked out of the phone room and into my cell block sitting on the couch.

I watched TV for about 20 minutes before looking at the time.

3:42. Time where my cell block got called for visitors.

"Royal. Your up first." Officer Amanda said I stood up and walked towards her letting her cuff me and take me to the visiting room.

I walked in and took off my cuffs going to the table she pointed me too.

When I looked at who it was i rolled my eyes.

"Imene sit down let me talk for a second please." He said.

"It's not like I got a choice Kevin. What you want?" I said sitting and crossing my arms.

"I got out a few weeks ago. Started looking for you, come to find out you in jail for murder. Ten years imene? For notti nem? Was it eve-

"Look. Ion even fuck wit you for you to come tryna lecture me, your a weird ass fucking pedophile. Not my family." I said and he flinched at the word pedophile.

"I wanna apologize, I was young and weird. That nigga is not me. I wanna get to know you imene, youn gotta open up to me and shit but I wanna be cool witchu." He said and I looked at him sitting back in the chair. Not believing shit he said.

"Mama put you up to this? She's not allowed here and she knows it so she sends you? That's what this is? Fuck both of y'all." I said.

"I haven't talked to mom in two years imene. I'm serious about getting to know you. Ima try to come see you one a week for now." He said and I rolled my eyes getting up.

"Bye Kevin." I turned letting the guard cuff me and walk me back to my cell block.

This prison was small so they didn't separate genders. There was about 100 and sum people in here excluding guards.

When I got back in the block the guard uncuffed me and I went to the couch. There was about ten people per block. Each side had five rooms.

They had it to where boys bunked wit boys but they honestly didn't check to see who slept where. As long as we were in our correct block they didn't give a fuck.

"Yo ass back already folks?" Tj said as I sat down. I nodded looking over at him.

His eyes were low and red as usual.

He was getting weed in from somewhere, smoked it in the cell and hit it.

He never gets caught, he got eye drops. His eyes are naturally irritated and red all the time so they let him have a bottle of eye drops to help with the irritation.

He came into the block about a year ago. In for murder as well, it was self defense in his eyes but he drew the gun first.

He's from Louisiana, moved down here in the Bronx when he was ten. He's my age only a month younger.

"Who came ta see you?" He asked and I looked at him.

"My brother, where everybody at?" I asked seeing as we were the only ones here.

"The others ain't get visitors today so they went to the rec room. You know Chyna gets out in two weeks." He said and I nodded.

"That's good, she ain't did nothin to be here anyways. Glad they seen that."

Chyna, she was this nice white and Chinese girl who got accused of murdering her little sister. She tried to convince the guards it wasn't her and she cried everytime they ignored her.

We knew that she didn't do it, all of us in the cell block. Of course the boys ain't gone be too happy though, it's gone fuck up our sleeping arrangements.

We all had came to an agreement on where we sleep. One boy, one girl in one room.

The boys thought it was gay to sleep together in one room.

But now that chyna gone somebody else gone come. And we gone have to go through the process again. See who fuck wit who and switch the new girl with a nigga.

I didn't care who I bunked wit. I got the bottom bunk every time.

I only had to switch once when tj got here. We bunked together and he took the top bunk which I was cool with.

"Wassup witchu today? Quiet as shit." He said and I shrugged.

"I'm od tired not gone lie. And now I'm pissed off, I'm just not in the talkin mood to be honest." I shrugged and he nodded.

"Go to sleep." He said and I looked over at him then at the cell rooms that were locked.

Rules were after 10am the rooms would be locked until 2pm to give people time to move around and do shit they needed to do.

We could go to the school block, the rec room, outside or just chill in our block.

I went to the school two times a week, the rec room once outside once a day and was always in the block.

"Boy you know you see the rooms locked. Need to leave that dope alone." I said and he smiled.

"Lay on the couch and go to sleep. Aint nobody gone fuck witchu or they gone have to see me. Ian goin nowhere." He said and I looked at him before laying down with my feet up so they weren't on him.

He moved them on me and I looked seeing he was watching the TV. I watched TV as well for a minute before going to sleep.