002

Imene Royal
Year 2
July 31st

"Happy birthday girl." Tj said and I said thank you looking at the clock seeing it was exactly 12.

He continued rolling up and I sat on my bed laying down.

"Ian een tired." I said and he smirked.

"Say, don't say een. Tryna talk like me."

"Ain't nobody tryna talk like you dick. If anything you tryna talk like me. I'm grown muthafucka."

"Your 16, that's not grown." He said with a straight face.

"Tj." I called out after a while. I looked over seeing him lighting the blunt.

"Wassup." He said and took a puff.

"Where they say you going after your 18?" I asked.

They usually transfered the murder unit to the second part of this facility. The reason it was so small because it took local criminals.

"I forgot what it's called. But the local shit. Same place you going." He said and I nodded.

"Good." I said feeling better.

"You gone miss me huh? It's okay, you can go a month without me." He said and I rolled my eyes getting out the bed.

"Ain't nobody gone miss yo little dick ass. Put that out so the smell don't take too long to leave." I said and he put it out hiding it in the floor board we noticed was loose.

"Little dick ass?" He questioned while doing it.

"Ian stutter did I?" I said and he turned my way walking towards me.

"Imene dont get fucked tryna talk smart." He said.

"I gotta talk dumb to get fucked then?" I asked tilting my head.

He reached for my face kissing me and I immediately kissed back.

We not together or nothing, we fuck here and there nothing serious. No catching feelings. We strictly friends with benefits.

••

"Hey girl." Laila said coming out her room and into the couch.

Laila, she in here for fraud. I forgot exactly what she did but she got five years for it. This her fourth now. She 17, which means she gone spend her last year in a adult facility.

She shares a room with Man Man. Man man 17 too, he in here for a few months. He just turned 17, I forgot what he in here for though never got to talk to him. He strict on that. He got here around the time that I did. Man of few words. He talk but not that much.

They the two oldest of the block. Which it was obvious they roomed together. We do the room arrangements by birthdays. So hopefully the new girl is around chynas age, which she's 12.

"Hey Laila, you ain't getting you no food?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Ima get some around 11, ion feel like eating right now. Where man man?" She asked and I shrugged.