My Childhood

It took me a while to force myself to sit down and write and think about what happened. I am now 18 years old and my memory slips as I get older.

    As I said, I grew up in the IFB church. Before my existence, my parents and sister were always in church. My baby shower was even held at this church that they attended. After being born and able to go to church, I was in church at just a few days/weeks old. My whole life was about going to church and pleasing God. 

    My church was a rather small southern-Baptist type church; there were not that many people, but we were all like a big family. I would say there were maybe 10-12 consistent families that came, more or less, I don't remember much. 

    You could say we all looked like the Amish sometimes. I remember that there was a family who would only wear long 1900s type dresses with bonnets and they'd never put out their hair cause they thought that was wrong. And then you got the rest of us looking like trash bags with our fashion because wearing form fitted clothes was "wrong". I remember as a kid wearing dresses all the time, even to school, and my long jean skirts- my clothes alone made me stick out like a sore thumb. But enough about fashion.

    I remember always hearing the sermons about how Jesus is coming back and people being left behind if you don't believe on him, how you're going to hell if you don't get saved, all the revivals and meetings

-July 19, 2023

May 3, 2024: I just got back into wanting to write again. I'm going to go ahead and publish this and write about instances that come across as I share my experiences since it's a lot to remember from the beginning at once.