Chapter 1

When your family moves as much as mine does, another move shouldn't be a big deal. And it usually isn't.
But this move is different.

I'm returning "home."

Los Angeles, California.

I've always been called a "California girl" at heart even though I only lived there until I was 6 years old. And on the day of my 6th birthday, my dad got offered another job, so we moved. And moved. And moved. And moved.

My name is Sydney Reynolds, I am 16 years old, and I have lived in 5 countries (USA, Canada, England, France, and Italy), 17 American cities (including LA, Miami, Phoenix, Austin, Dallas, NYC), 9 European cities (Rome, Paris, London,...), I am poliglotta(polyglot- Italian). You get the idea.

So when I found out I was moving again, I just asked where.

And when I was told, I was enthralled.
Surprisingly I have kept all my close friends from everywhere I have lived, so when I found out, I quickly texted my 2 LA best friends the good news (I was currently in Portugal so I couldn't call them because of the time difference).
Even though I've kept up with my friends, I haven't been to LA since I lived there because of the jet lag. My family is constantly moving time zones, so when going back and forth between two countries is preventable, it's avoided.

Luckily my friends Chloe and Jordyn are able to afford the traveling, or I'd never see them.

"Sydney!" My brother Austin is 12 months older than me but you'd never guess this by his extreme maturity. Especially in comparison to Brooklyn. My parents had purposely named us all after places because they felt that made us sound "classy." At least that's what they claimed. I think they just like to torture us!

"Syd! Come here!" Brooklyn was calling me this time. He was the oldest sibling and probably the least mature, but only because Austin and I had grown up pretty fast.

"Coming!" I hollered as I raced down the stairs, knowing that if my mom was home, she wouldn't approve.

As I entered the gaming room, I sat on a bean bag. We had convinced are parents to let us decorate one room, besides our bedroom, in every house and in this house it had been a gaming room.

"Soooo," Brooklyn squealed, trying to impersonate a girl, totally over the top. " Do you know who lives in LA?!"

I rolled my eyes and grinned.
"No dope! I don't!"

"I'll give you a hint! His name starts with Bran and ends with don! Can you figure it out?!"

"I wonder," I muttered under my breath.

Brandon and I had grown up together. We had been best friends since nursery and had wanted to get married. We haven't seen each other since I moved 10 years ago, but our families' still think we like each other! Like what's up with that? We literally have not said a word in person in 10! Freakin! Years!
Yet were in love?

Sure.

"Well? Have you missed him?" Now it was Austin's turn to bother me.

"Of course! I miss him like crazy! Every day for 10 years I've wanted to talk to him!" I say this with worlds filled with exasperation. My family never leaves me alone regarding Brandon. They are convinced that we will miraculously end up getting together. Like what the hell?

"Well let's see what he has to say to that!" Austin grins mischievously as he starts texting quickly.

"Austin..." I warn him. I am in no mood for this and if says anything to Brandon, he will regret being born!

"Oh no!" My brother says with mock worry, "It looks like I accidentally hit send!"

I'm going to kill those idiots! And I take it back. Austin is DEFINITELY not the mature one in the family! Which passes the job onto me.

This explains why I am currently chasing my 2 older brothers around the room with the Xbox controllers, ready to smash their pretty little faces.

***
A/N
I have to admit that this definitely is not my best work.
This story is partially based on the truth of my life although I have changed MANY details!

Hope you guys enjoy!