Chapter 2

"Sydney? You almost done with your bags? We have to head to the airport in the next hour and I don't want a repeat of New York!"

I know my moms referring to when we were moving from London to NYC and my brothers and I hadn't wanted to move because we had enjoyed living in England, plus we were tired of moving. So we did what any normal children would do; we went on strike.
We caused our family to miss the flight and my parents had been furious and we had gotten into huge trouble.

"I'm coming down now, mom!" I trudged my duffel bags downstairs and put them into the back of the über driving us to the airport. Poor driver, he was being forced to wait around as we packed our things into his car. At least he was getting payed per minute; he probably thought we were idiots for calling the car so much in advance as the bill was definitely going to be huge by the time we got to the airport.

"Hey Syd."

"Hey Brooke," I said with a smirk. I knew he hated when I called him Brooke because he felt it made him sound like a girl, but I wasn't ready to forgive him for texting Brandon lies about me. I was going to make him sweat first.

"Australia! Calm down! I didn't text him; it was all Austin! You can't seriously get mad at me for something that dope did." He sounded exasperated and I smirked. I loved having my brothers feeling guilty when they bothered me, although I didn't appreciate him calling me Australia just because Sydney is a city there.

"Dope huh? Is that the best you've got Brookie?" I knew Austin was trying to act all macho to make me laugh and it worked like always. As much as they annoyed me, I loved my brothers and we were really close.

As I burst into laughter, my parents came outside carrying the last two suitcases. All the furniture was being given to a Goodwill type store, as it wasn't worth it to ship it over seas.

"Okay. Everyone's here so let's go!" My dad was always the one one to take charge as he was always in business mode, although when we were just hanging out as a family, he definitely knew how to have fun.

Even though we were going to be on a plane for many hours, my dad was wearing a suit and tie. My mother was also wearing nice casual clothes; she was wearing a pair of oversized Gucci sunglasses as a headband, a plain black shirt with a nice jacket on top, and a pair of black Toms.

My brothers and I on the other hand were all wearing t-shirts and jeans, although mine were skinnier and darker than both of theirs, and a pair of comfortable shoes, mine being a pair of converse. All 3 of us had headphones wrapped around our necks for the plane and all brought a pillow as we didn't trust public hygiene.

As we pulled up to the airport, I looked up and sighed. Goodbye beautiful Portugal!

I grabbed my bags and don't look back; I only look at the future, never the past, as its pointless.

I step into the cool, air conditioned airport and smile.

I am going home!