Divorce

You and Jack had been married for 4 years and had been together for 6 years. At one point your relationship was exciting, you loved each other, but without either of you realizing it, you both fell out of love. There were a lot of small arguments, some bigger than others.

"Jack, you know how I feel, I've told you before. I hate when you just disappear all weekend." You said, you had been arguing for a while now and this was an argument you had often.

"I'm not just disappearing, I'm working. Then I come home to you. I don't know what else I can do." Jack argued.

"I'm fucking working too, but I still make time to text you." You said, you had at least 15 texts to Jack that were currently still sitting unread even though Jack had been home for at least a day. "You make it seem like I'm asking for something impossible. I'm not even asking for you to take 15 minutes to call me. I'm asking for you to take 30 seconds to respond to a text message. Or at least read it."

"I'm sorry I'm busy, I told you that you could come with me." Jack defended himself.

"I have my own career to focus on, I was out of town all weekend working too. Do you even know where I was?" You asked and Jack froze. He knew you told him, but he couldn't remember where you were.

"I barely know where I was this weekend." Jack tried to play it off as a joke, laughing to himself but you glared at him.

"I can't fucking believe you." You said shaking your head before you turned to walk out of the room.

"Don't leave." Jack begged, causing you to stop walking, but you kept your back to him. "Do you even know where I was this weekend?" Jack challenged you.

"California and Georgia. You flew to Los Angeles to work on your album and then you flew to Atlanta for a meeting." You said and Jack sighed.

You both stood in silence for a moment before you finally turned to face Jack, holding your tears back.

"I'm tired of feeling like I'm the only one trying to make this marriage work." You told him.

"C'mon, it's late, let's go to bed and we can talk about this tomorrow." Jack suggested, and you sighed, you were over fighting with Jack, so you agreed.

"Fine." You sighed and turned to walk to your bedroom before Jack could stop you.

"You know I love you right?" Jack asked and you sighed, looking down at your hands for a second before looking back up at Jack.

"I love you too." You told him, but neither of you felt that way anymore.

You and Jack got ready for bed in silence, like you had been for a while, only speaking when you got into bed.

"I know I've been a shitty husband, I'm sorry." Jack apologized.

"I just want to feel like you still want to be married to me, sometimes I don't feel that way anymore." You admitted, even though if you were honest, there were times you didn't want to be married to Jack anymore.

You couldn't specifically pinpoint a time where your feelings towards Jack changed, neither of you did anything wrong. Neither of you cheated, or did anything to purposely ruin your relationship, you both had just grew to become different people then you were when you got married.

"I do still want to be married to you." Jack lied without realizing it. "Let's talk about it in the morning, okay?" Jack suggested again and you nodded.

"Goodnight, I love you." You smiled softly at Jack.

"Goodnight, I love you too baby." Jack said, kissing you softly.