My iris to you

Prologue:

My name was Guren Ichinose.

I was fifteen and me and my two fellow companions, Sayuri Hanayori and Shigure Yukimi, all went to Shibuya High School. Unfortunately, compared to most people, I didn't have a good time there at all. Because the Ichinose Clan was considered (not considered, was) a low family and a filthy one, I was being bullied a lot. And because Sayuri and Shigure were both my retainers, they suffered with me.

Most of my bullies were everyone, including the Hiiragis.

The Hiiragi are one of the most powerful family of all and the most respected one.

It was also a disaster that all of Tenri Hiiragi's children went to my school.
The oldest was Kureto Hiiragi. He was rather tall with a firm posture and black eyes, with his brown hair in front of them and his eyebrows shaped in a rather odd way. He was sixteen.                
Mahiru Hiiragi was his half-sister, and she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in his life. With her long purple hair flowing down her back, her majestic amber eyes and charming smile, she made me turn red every time I saw her. She was fifteen.

Everyone loved her, though, so I had a lot of competition if I wanted her to notice me.

Seishiro Hiiragi was her half-brother, and with his weird hair and sharp black eyes, he was the most fierce of them all and the one who bullied me the most. He was fourteen.

Shinya Hiiragi was their adopted brother, and he was the most chill of them all. With his silver hair and cool blue eyes, he could charm anyone he wanted, presumably. He always wore a smile on his face whenever I saw him (which was often because he was in most of my classes). He was fifteen.

Shinoa Hiiragi was the last and the youngest one. She had the same hair and eyes as Mahiru. I didn't know much of her, just that she was seven.

Chapter 1:

I had just finished having bottles of water and coke thrown at me when the school bell rang, announcing the two last lessons of the day before home time. Everyone around me had scattered, making me, Sayuri and Shigure the only people in the canteen.
Lunch had finished and I didn't have time to get myself some food.

Shigure helped me onto my feet, picking a piece of banana peel from my hair.

I grimaced as she threw it in the bin.

"You're covered in coke, Guren," remarked Sayuri, narrowing her eyes worriedly at me. Then she grabbed my arm, squeezing it tightly and asking me urgently "Do you need help cleaning up?"

"I'll be fine," I replied with a dry throat. "You guys go back to class. I'll wash up."

"But you'll be late," she protested but I waved my hand to indicate that I didn't care.

Grabbing my school bag, I made my way to the boys toilet.

It was empty, along with the cubicles, which was relieving. I'd have some time to myself.

I walked over to the sink, pulling my jumper off and looking at it moodily. It was stained with coke.

Well, at least my shirt hadn't been touched.

But my hair had.

I turned the tap on and splashed my face with it, making sure my hair was drenched.

I hurriedly dried it with my stained jumper and sighed, looking at it glumly.

I would get detention if I came to class without my jumper. It was one of many 'important' school policies.

"What happened to you?" asked a curious voice right in my ear.

I screamed out in horror and staggered backwards, falling on my butt.

I then stared up at the boy who had almost just scared the life out of me.

He had wide blue eyes with silver hair that hung down his face slightly, with rather pale skin and thin lips. I looked at his jumper, knowing that I had seen him before. The crest on his jumper had the moon crescent on it. The crest of the Hiiragis.

So this was Shinya Hiiragi.

I had never properly talked to him before. I didn't even know who he really was. He smiled a lot and he was in some of my classes. Also, he didn't bully me.

Apart from Mahiru (and obviously Shinoa) he was the only member of the Hiiragis who didn't beat the crap out of me.

"Sorry for scaring you," he said, blinking down at me, looking rather surprised. "What happened to you?"

"I... huh..." What was I supposed to reply to this with? Students dumped food on me and one of them threw a full and opened bottle of coke at me and now my jumper is ruined?

Probably best not.

"I wanted to splash my face with water but I forgot that I was holding coke and I stained my jumper," I lied hurriedly, forcing a foolish grin on my face.

Shinya narrowed his eyes at me. He didn't look too convinced.

Then he straightened himself, yawning as he said "Well next time you should check what you're holding before you dump it on yourself." He eyed me curiously. "You're late, you know that, right?"

Damn. He was right. I was late for geography. Not that I liked it anyways but I would still be in trouble.

"Also, I don't suppose you're going to go in class with that, right?" Shinya added, pointing at my drenched jumper on the floor.

I shook my head in agreement.

"Here." Shinya took off his jumper and threw it at me. I caught it in surprise before blinking up at him.

"You'll get in trouble," he explained.

"But so will you," I stammered.

He smirked. "Nonsense. I'm a Hiiragi."

He turned around and was about to walk out when I called out "Do you even know who I am?"

Shinya blinked and glanced at me. "You're the Ichinose boy," he replied before leaving me in confused silence.

Then, my confusion slowly turned into bitterness.

He didn't even know my name!

No, he didn't know my first name but he knew my last name. That was enough to disgust most people.

I looked down at the jumper I held. So why on earth had he helped me?