Email - 1

DEAR L,

Sometimes, I wonder if it's a coincidence or a random event, knowing that you exist, finding the lost strength to continue walking in your story. But, then, I think about all the times you were here, right in front of me, and how I was still foreign to your world. I think of how I stumbled upon you when I was walking to the gate to an eternal nothingness. Something like this, can't be random. You were designed to meet me and become the brightest star in my sky that had forgotten its shine a long time ago.
Mine is a world that hasn't known light much.  You have to find me somewhere between the greys. Something about the way you cross my mind every time I begin to crumble tells me that you will. You are the once in a lifetime that I can wait for forever.
Fleetingness was a thing I cherished all my life. Lately, it scares me. The one I live for is not permanent too , I realized. What we begin here is bound to end one day. A truth I knew all along hit me differently when it was my time to accept it totally. I am learning to keep my mortal needs away from a love that is meant to be eternal. It's painful. To the point that I almost forget to breathe. But, somehow I remember this whole thing is a game, the earth a maze, death is the promised freedom. When it's time, I will leave too.
Every dusk I pray for your reality to collide with my dream, for you to bridge this vast gap and follow the call of my soul. When the noise subsides and you lean towards your soul tomorrow, I hope you hear everything I speak to the silence between us. For when it comes to opening my heart, I still get nervous of the emptiness that love leaves behind.