Max x Charles - you are okay

• Set in 2021 at the British GP! only with more Drama

TW: Homophobic Language/Slurs & Panic Attacks!
________

Bright rays of sunshine streamed through the slightly open blinds, prompting the young Monegasque to open his eyes unwillingly and start the day. It was a beautiful morning, definitely too warm for England, and it took Charles a few moments to adjust to the light. With a look at his alarm clock, he realized that it was definitely too early to get up and that Andrea would only be at his hotel door in an hour and a half to go to the track.

Charles was really looking forward to today's race as Silverstone was the embodiment of Formula One. He qualified fourth in yesterday's sprint which was a tremendous achievement for him. Only the two Mercedes and Max had made it onto the starting grid ahead of him. Charles smiled at the thought of Max. He missed the Dutchman, although they only saw each other last night when they had dinner together after the sprint.

They had a rule that they slept separately on Saturday nights on a race weekend.

When they got closer at the end of the 2019 season, after Charles apologized for his childish behavior after the Austrian Grand Prix and invited Max to dinner in Abu Dhabi, it often happened that one of the two was late for an appointment because they were too busy with themselves.

Except for Pierre & Daniel, only their families knew about their relationship,even tough Andrea & Bred should suspect something, whereby on Max's side you had to exclude his father. The young Dutchman just couldn't get the words out in front of him, which Charles fully understands. He had often noticed how Jos Verstappen could be like. In return, Max's mother and sister had welcomed him warmly and Charles' family also respected Max from the start, which didn't stop Lorenzo and Arthur from giving him the "If you hurt him, you'll have to deal with us" talk. Charles just stood in the doorway laughing while Max nodded along.

The memory put a smile on the Monegasque's lips and with a look at the clock he realized that it really was time to get up, otherwise he wouldn't be ready when Andrea would be there.

After a short cold shower, which at least woke him up to some extent, he fished a Ferrari shirt and a pair of simple jeans out of his suitcase. A soft ringing from his cell phone drew the attention of the Monegasque to it. He normally had it on mute, however Andrea had urged him to turn it on loud during race weekends,
so that he would not miss any important news. Not that this has happened before, just to be safe of course.

Okay, To be honest it has happened too often, especially during the Corona period, which is why Andrea was often in a bad mood. It's not Charles' fault that his bed is just too comfortable and he just missed a message. Back then, only Max's messages and calls could go through the mute switch. Speaking of Max, he was the one who sent him a message. A big smile quickly spread across the young Ferrari driver's lips as he opened their chat.

Max 🧡
Good Morning Schatje,
i am at the Track already,since Christian wanted to speak with me about the Race. In an Hour in my Room?

Me
Good Morning Mi Amor
I am nearly on my Way,only waiting for Andrea to pick me up.
Sounds good <3
miss you

Max 🧡
miss you too

Charles smiled at that Response but was snapped out of his thoughts the next moment by a knock on the door. He quickly grabbed his backpack, his sunglasses and put his cell phone in his pocket before opening the door and greeting Andrea. Then they made their way to the track.