𝙏𝙒𝙊

I CROSSED MY ARMS and shot Matteo an "I told you so" look

I CROSSED MY ARMS and shot Matteo an "I told you so" look. "What'd I tell you?" I said. "They didn't dorm you that far away." Matteo rolled his eyes. "I see that," he said, placing the last of his boxes in the corner of the empty-looking space.

"Well, would you look at that!" I said excitedly, my hands placed sassily on my hips. "We did it. We got everything packed up and moved in."

"Thanks for all your help," Matteo said with a slight smile on his face. "Yeah, yeah," I replied. "Anything for my best friend's boyfriend," I finished in a rather sarcastic tone, earning nothing more than a blank, maybe even confused stare from poor Matteo.

Eager to change the subject and break the now uncomfortable silence, I turned back away from the older boy and back towards the room door ahead.

"Room 37G," I sighed. "Home sweet home for the next year, huh, bud?" Matteo's smirk returned at the statement. I watched as he walked into the room, examining his new surroundings quite thoroughly before coming back to me. "There are more boxes back there," he said, pointing to a wall further back into the room, a space that was just slightly out of my line of vision. "Well, Mattie, you do have to have a roommate, you know? It's possible that they've already moved their things in. You did take your sweet time moving in yours," I explained to him. Matteo stared at me as if he was taking a second to process what I had just said to him, his face becoming more and more disoriented as he did.

Noticing the shift in his mood, I sat down against the wall. "Sit," I said, patting the spot on the floor beside me. Matteo sat down and pulled his legs snugly against his chest. I waited a second before I started to speak.

"Look, I know that change is hard for you, and I know that you and Fal had a plan to be together this year, but it doesn't have to be all bad," I told him. "I'm sure your new roommate will be lots of fun," I finished, still getting the same look of dissatisfaction from Matteo.

In that very moment, a thought crossed my mind that could very well change his mind. I was a genius.

I got up from the ground and stood in front of him. "Up," I said, holding out my hands for him to grab hold of and quickly helping him to his feet.