(Prologue)

Jamie's feelings for Kyle were clear, precise. After all, it was evident that anyone who crossed paths with the young band member felt those very same feelings. Although emotion is complex in its self, everyone, from his band mates to his family, felt the very same thing.

That "thing" being pity.

Jamie sympathized with the boy; after all, he saw how he was treated. Kyle was always handled with a condescending tone while being ridiculed and dismissed behind closed doors. He was bordeline pathetic. At first, Jamie thought the members were just hazing him. It made sense, with him being the last member to join, although he himself didn't undergo any initiation. It finally clicked when Kyle started missing certain concerts.

Jamie would never partake in the torment, but he felt guilt creeping in his stomach whenever Jeremy, Jason, and Jacob wouldn't invite Kyle to outings or would falsely tell him plans were canceled. He knew it was wrong, but Jamie felt helpless. To him, it was kind of like seeing KTLA doing a report on people across the world drowning in a flood. He really liked Kyle, he was an amazing friend, but what could he do? The other members were not people prone to taking opposing suggestions lightly.

I'm a coward, the boy thought, I'm the one who should be pitied.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

223 Words!!!