1.02: You'll Live Here Now

November 16th 2013

It's been two days since Luther returned with, and only with, Zero. Sir Reginald wasn't pleased, but at least Luther recovered Zero, so the mission was a success. Just not a full success.

Luther was recovering from his burn wounds, as was Zero. She hadn't woken up since they left the lab. Luther was worried about her. He wasn't sure how she would cope here, but he knew that she would be safe. She wouldn't have to deal with all the things she had to before. He would protect her. His father did place her in his care afterall. Sir Reginald only needed to train the child on how to control her powers. Everything else was Luther's, Grace's and Pogo's job.

"Master Luther?" Pogo, the Hargreeves family assistant and friend, was an advanced chimpanzee thanks to Sir Reginald. "Zero is wake, she is asking for you." Luther followed his friend, towards Zero room. Sir Reginald put her room next to Five, his missing brother. He's been missing for about 6 years now. Luther had no idea where his brother was, but his father, Sir Reginald, never gave up hope. He was certain that Five would return. 

"Hey kiddo, rememeber me?" Luther ask upon seeing Zero. His mother, Grace, who was a robot built by Sir Reginald to be Luther's and his siblings caretaker, had changed her into their iconic pajamas, ridding her of the bloodly hosptial clothing she came in. Luther made sure to move slowly, as Pogo had instructed him to do, taking a seat at the end of her bed. "I'm Luther."

"...The man who took me above ground..." Luther smiled.

"That's right, I'm him." He saw her staring at the window. "Do you want to go outside?" Zero's head snapped to Luther.

"Outside? As in, out there?" She points towards the window. "A-are you sure?"

"Totally. This is your home now. As long as you don't leave the grounds, you can do wherever you want. Including outside."

"Can you... Can you take me?"

"Oh, of course. My dad will want to meet you first though." Luther rememebers Pogo's words.

"Your... Dad?" Zero questioned. That term was unknown to her.

"Yeah, come on." Luther helped the child up. She held onto his arm, gripping on to his shirt. She was nervous. This tugged at Luther's heart. The two slowly made their way up to Sir Reginalds office. "Dad? Zero is awake." Luther pulls the child out from behind him. "Go on, say hello."

"H-hello sir..."

"Speak up, child." Sir Reginal's tone made her jump, she hid behind Luther again. 

"It's okay Zero." Luther smoothed the child. Giving her a ressuring nod, Zero tried again.

"Hello sir..." She said more loudly. Sir Reginald accepted that. 

"Leave us, we have much to dicuss." Luther was a little shocked. He and his siblings were never allowed in his office, so he had a little resentment towards the child. But still. He listened to his father, closing the door between him and them.

Luther wasn't sure what to do. So he spoke with Pogo, on how to deal with Zero. He wasn't sure on how to care for her; in truth, he had no idea why his father placed her in his care. Surely Grace and Pogo would have been enough, so why did he have to help?