Chapter XV

Chuuya stopped the car in a dark alley. That was the potential meeting-point of Shadow and the supposed 'traitor'. There was most certainly no one there and yet they all felt millions, and millions- no. Infinite eyes on them. Like infinite suffering stinging their skin. They got out of there.All quietly, everyone prepared for a fight. All three of them looked around carefully, Ranpo seemed almost nonchalant about it. He finally spoke:

"Shadow is not here. Let's look around more" As he walked through the alley, lit only by some faint street lights. They all walked towards what-seemed to be an abandoned hospital. All the windows were dark apart from one, which at some point, was flashing. Ranpo instructed Chuuya and Y/n to be quiet and pause for a moment. "He is trying to communicate with the 'traitor'. This proves that it was not a trap, and right now he is showing 'the traitor' where to go" Chuuya then smirked at Ranpo's words and added: "Well, let's give him what he's waiting for. I searched with this idiot (Y/n) years to find that Shadow man when she was still in the mafia. Can't wait to get him to the boss. Alive or dead."

They all entered sneakily into the hollow hospital. It was all overwhelming for all of them, even Chuuya, who despite acting all tough and confident, had his dark thoughts too. Y/n walked carefully with her knife prepared and her gun. A sudden idea crossed her mind and took Ranpo's and Chuuya's hand, leading them to an empty room and whispering. "Chuuya, you must have a picture of the traitor as he has a profile of a member in the mafia, right? Show it to me" Chuuya looked at her skeptically before taking out a card with important members which included even Tachihara. He showed her the picture of a pretty good-looking man with dark hair and red eyes. She then smiled and placed her hands on both of their shoulders, closing her eyes, she spoke quietly yet demanding while the two of them looked at her confused.

"Deploy Ultra Sincere Justice-Guidance. Make both Ranpo and Chuuya invisible so only the three can see each other." She then opened her eyes and placed a hand on her own shoulder. "Deploy Ultra Sincere-Guidance. Make me look like a traitor in this picture" She said as she touched her other shoulder in the picture provided by Chuuya. They both stared in shock as she looked exactly like the man. Chuuya then whispered-yelling. "You have an ability?!" Ranpo then smirked proudly at Chuuya, mocking him for not knowing.

Y/n took the lead and walked towards the place where Shadow should have been. She was planning on acting as his 'pawn' before striking. They walked upstairs, and Chuuya went past a mirror. He realized that he truly had no reflection, and looked over at Ranpo, who he could still see despite the detective also being invisible. The room they entered seemed to be a surgery room. Blood was everywhere and the room was lit by a flashlight on the ground, which was (as Ranpo deduced) what Shadow used to signal where the man could find him from the outside.

And finally, the culprit who tried to kill Ranpo and was searched by Y/n and Chuuya for years. The man who is searched by the whole police troops in the country due to the illegalities, like brutal murder and even governmental assasination. The man who worked along the shadows. He was finally standing in front of all three. As Y/n remarked, in her mind, the man was rather...beautiful. His dark-blue hair was falling on his shoulders. Shadow's features seemed soft, but overall his face-framing and jaw were sharp and masculine. His black eyes reflected the dark depths of his mind. He sat on a hospital bed, right at the end or the room.

Y/n snapped her thoughts and let them flee out of her mind as she slowly approached them and spoke confidently as the traitor. "I am here. Ready to report." Shadow smirked, crossing his leg over the other. He spoke with a calm, soft yet demanding tone. "Go on. What did you find about the Port Mafia? If you provide me useful information, I might not kill you...just yet. So go on."

She remained calm, speaking firmly and thinking about all the things she remembers from working in the Port Mafia. "Yes, of course. Their headquarters are full of weapons. From small, to big. The boss, Mori, is always guarded and is more agile than I predicted. They have over 700 members in the whole mafia." The man then gave Y/n a cold look. She then glanced over at a shred of glass on the ground and saw her reflection.She was no longer looking like the traitor. Her eyes widened in shock as she realized that. Ranpo and Chuuya were also shocked by it, and before they knew it, they were visible again.

Shadow chuckled darkly, his tone was warm and soft, but there was some superiority and power etched onto it. "Oh, sweethearts, did you really think that you could trick someone like me, with THAT? My ability is more than anyone could ever begin to imagine"

Y/n took her gun out and pointed it at him. Ranpo was looking around the area carefully and Chuuya was also prepared at any moment for a fight and to activate his ability.

Shadow stood up, laughing almost maniacally.

"Good, good. Shall we begin the game, where you all die in vain, sweethearts?"