reincarnated as a knight pt. 1

I can still remember my past life. 

I was a college student. I was the president of the student council. I had a loving family. My parents doted on me and gave me everything. Family. Money. School. I have everything but I lost it all in an accident. 

When I thought I was already dead, I realized that I was in the body of a child. I woke up in a dark alleyway alone. The body was an orphan abandoned by her parents. All that was left of the owner, was a filthy cloth and a locket.

I was a mess at that time. What's happening? Where am I? I should already be dead, right? Those questions swirled in my head the moment I realized that I can never go back home. I was a sobbing mess on the first day but I steeled myself so that I would be able to survive alone in this world.

I was flabbergasted because I realized that this is no longer the place that I know. The buildings and houses all look old. It was not modern Japan that I know. It reminds me of medieval Europe. There were a lot of mythical creatures living in this place. There were demi-humans, ogres, goblins, and dragons. Most of all, magic also exists in this place.

The first month that I arrived here, I was surviving from leftover food in the trash. I have no choice, beggars can't be choosers. I was really fortunate when someone saved me from the hell I was living when a kind couple took me in as a servant in their household.

It was hard to adjust at first but now I'm used to it. I was really glad that the Marquis and Marchioness of Primrose that took me in were really kind and even granted me the opportunity to be enrolled in the academy. I enrolled as a knight in the academy in the hopes that I will be working for them. But things always don't go as planned.

I learned that I was living in a country called the "Salian Empire". The Salian Empire is described as the most powerful empire, governed by an absolute monarchy under Emperor Constantine V Salian. The society is divided into two main classes: the nobility and the commoners.

(A/N: Ranking System of Nobility: Duke (highest), Marquess, Count, Viscount, Baron (lowest)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all started when I bumped into him in the library during my academy days. 

Going to the library has always been my escape from the reality. It was really hard especially how the aristocrats treat the commoners. Although I'm really proud of what I accomplished since I was the top knight student, I still get disdainful looks from them. I guess it really bruised their ego that a female commoner was at the top. Being a disciple of the Marquis really paid off. 

I was trying to get the book from the shelf when someone grabbed the book from behind. I turned around and I saw a boy with glistening blonde hair. His face was really handsome. He has bright blue eyes, a chiseled jawline, and a lean muscular build. Who the hell is this handsome dude?

He handed me the book. "Thank you very much," I said with a smile. He nodded at me and walked away. What a quiet person.

I took a sit on my usual spot which is beside the window and proceeded to read the book. It was really an uneventful day but I can't forget the guy's face. Somehow, he looks familiar. 

The next day I found him sitting at my spot. I was puzzled because I was the only one who knew that spot and not many people go to the secluded part of the library. I sighed, I guess I'll just read it elsewhere.

I sat three tables away from the window to read the book. I didn't notice that someone was already in front of me until he cleared his throat. I looked up at him with confusion.