reincarnated as a knight pt. 2

The cave that I found has a pond deep inside and bits of grass. It was really fortunate that I found this place behind the waterfalls. I was lighting up the fire to get some heat for the both of us. I just hope the assassins won't go looking for us.

Claude is still asleep after I carried him here. It was a good thing that I always train every day to increase my strength in case I need to carry him.

I removed my armor first then my shirt. Fortunately, I was wearing a short and chemise underneath. My shirt was wet when we jumped into the river so I have to dry them first. I was searching for anything that will be edible around the area. I found mushrooms here and I used my sword to catch some fish near the falls.

I heard a rummage behind me and I saw Claude waking up. I sat beside him when he opened his eyes.

"Where are we?" He asked with a hoarse voice.

"We're in a cave behind this waterfall. It's a good thing that this place is hidden" I smiled. He put his arm on his head and heaved a sigh of defeat. 

"I'm sorry for putting you through this." He whispered.

"It's all right Claude. You know it's my duty to keep you safe even at the cost of my life."

He looks at me angrily and said, "What are you talking about Elise? I will not allow that."

"Claude, as your knight serving you and as your friend. It is my duty to keep you safe."

"NO! If your life is in danger, you have to run away. I won't allow you to die on me, understand? I kept you as my knight so you will always be beside me every day not to sacrifice your life for me." I was stunned, to say the least. Is there any reason for him to act this way? 

"What do you mean Claude?" 

"Elise. My Elise. Isn't it obvious how I feel about you?" He said caressing my cheeks. I leaned into his hand and stared at his eyes. I know that he also feels the same but I always deny it because of reality. We live in two different worlds. 

"You're a prince, Claude. I'm just a commoner. You know we can never be together" I mumbled.

"I don't care about that. It's always been my plan to make my younger brother the crown prince. I want to be with you. I love you, Elise. Please, just let me love you." He begged. 

I looked at his pleading eyes and I soften. I really wanna cave in but I kept thinking of what will happen if I did follow my heart. Fuck it, there's nobody around us. I would just think of the consequences when we escape from here.

I kissed him on the lips then rested my forehead on his. "I love you too Claude. I love you ever since we were in the Academy." His eyes lit up and started to inch his face toward mine caressing my cheeks with his hands while staring into my eyes.

"May I?" I nodded. He softly kisses me while gripping my head. I never knew that a kiss would feel so good especially if it is with the one you love. His tongue then caressed mine so I gripped his head to pull him closer.

We were both breathing heavily after we kissed. He was still holding me while I rested my head on his chest. I turned to look at him and saw that his face was red. 

I giggled, "Why are you so red?"

"It's the first time I've done this." He said. "Can we do it again?" 

"Yes."

The moment our lips connected—it felt like fireworks exploded in my head. My stomach clenched at the thought that our bodies will be soon connected. He removed his clothes as well as mine. The fact that his majestic body is all mine gave me shivers.