Flirting with Fate

As Eva chatted with Jason, memories of her past relationship with Kevin Peterman flooded her mind. They had been best friends and perfect for each other, and their love had blossomed over four beautiful years. One particular memory stood out—how they used to go on lunch dates during the summer.

She remembered those sunny afternoons when they would escape to a quaint café, laughing and sharing stories over plates of delicious food. Their connection was undeniable, and every moment spent together felt like pure bliss. The warmth of the sun mirrored the warmth in their hearts, and Eva cherished those carefree summer days with Kevin.

However, her heart sank as she recalled how their fairytale took an unexpected turn. Their love was strong, but life had different plans for them. Kevin broke her heart, and the pain she felt in that moment seemed insurmountable. Despite the joy they had shared, the end of their relationship left her feeling shattered and lost.

Back in the present, a text from Jason brought her back to reality. "Hi, shoot the question," he replied eagerly. Eva couldn't help but giggle at his enthusiasm. She typed her question, "How tall are you?" and held her breath for the response. Jason revealed he was 5.10, but with shoes, he could appear taller. Eva was content with the answer, imagining how they would look standing close together.

Curious to know her height, Jason asked the same question. With pride, Eva typed, "I'm 5.6." She remembered how she had always been conscious of her height, with her father being the tallest and her mother the shortest in her family. She loved how adorable her parents looked together, and her height had sometimes been a source of self-consciousness for her.

Before she went to sleep that night, she called her mother and excitedly shared the details of her conversation with Jason. Her heart felt light, and she couldn't stop herself from gushing about their flirty exchanges with her friends back in her home country.

As the days went by, Eva and Jason continued to exchange messages, their conversations becoming more playful and affectionate. Eva found herself looking forward to each message. The pain of her past heartbreak seemed to fade into the background as she embraced the possibility of something new and beautiful with Jason Falcon.

To be continued........