𝟎𝟎𝟑

.・゜゜・ 𝟏𝟗/𝟗

Forever - by Labrinth

𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬.

i hadn't had any energy to go back to school after the incident in the school cafeteria two days ago, but today it was time to go there again.

i had secretly stayed home, hiding from my ma and paps. they hate when i do that, i don't care so much, sometimes i just have to hide.

ł₮'₴ ⱡł₭ɇ ł'ⱡⱡ ₳ⱡ₩₳ɏ₴ ⱨ₳vɇ ₳₦ ʉ₦₮ɽʉ₮ⱨ ł₦ ₣ɽø₦₮ ø₣ ₥ɇ,₳ ₴ɇ₵ɽɇ₮,₳ ⱡłɇ.

i don't know why, i was so used to it at this point that i have only automatically made it an everyday thing. white lies here, white lies there.

i look at myself in the mirror with a dissatisfied look and feel how the tears began to burn behind my eyelids. i honestly felt; đłɽ₮ɏ, ʉ₲ⱡɏ, đł₴₲ʉ₴₮ł₦₲. all i wanted was to go back to my bed.

but i had promised myself that i would go to school today.

i quickly took the phone in one hand, and the bag over my shoulder. my upper body was covered by an oversized hoodie i bought a few weeks ago, and my legs wore a pair of blue jeans.

the weather just got colder with each passing day. i hated it. the nasty dark clouds were constantly over the sky, the wind hit your cheek as soon as you go out and it rains almost every day. the heat from the sun was better, i like the heat, it doesn't reflect me in the same way as the cold.

the bus ride to school was relaxing, i just sat there with my legs against the seat in front and stared out at the different environments we passed. i calmly mimed the music in my ears, and i just let my thoughts come with it.

soon i had to press my hand against the stop button and get off, sometimes i forgot and it was never fun. i got off the bus and started walking towards the big white stone building.

my brown hair flew back and forth in the wind and i repeatedly pulled my hands into it in an attempt to hold it back, in the end i took my hair tie and pulled my hair into a bun.

finally i reached the entrance and walked directly towards the classroom i knew i had the first lesson in. the corridors were quite empty but the closer i got to the classroom the more students began to reveal themselves.

i took confident steps towards my class, maybe i should venture a 'wassup' to someone today.

of course, my plans were sabotaged, as they usually do, when the same guy from the cafeteria emerges from god knows where and crashes into me. it goes fast, he stumbles backwards and ends up on his back in front of me on the ground.

''yo, it's you,'' his voice is not light, but not dark, it's a little charming almost.

''the clumsy guy,'' i sigh, feeling a hint of embarrassment.

"damn right," he replies confidently, standing up with an air of self-assurance.

i push past him, have nothing more to say, and continue towards the classroom. but then, of course, i am stopped by one of his hands, which rests on my left upper arm.

''the fuck— what?'' i say, slightly taken aback, locking my gaze with his.

''you disappeared last monday, i had to dump the napkins bro, i think they're left there in the cafeteria in a pile somewhere.'' he laughs. i'm not as amused, i just look up at his face in a confused expression. ''did you leave— just like that?''

"yeah i dipped, pretty obvious, what about it?"

''maybe it was obvious...'' he takes a break before continuing. "i'm elai, my bad for your shirt, i'm going to invite you to a party, friday night."

''we'll see,'' i say. what is he doing to me? i almost got nervous, no one has ever offered me anything before, this is like from a cliché movie. i thought i had no lines.

"Damn, you so busy you gotta stay home and scrub that sweater?" he playfully teases, his lips bending into a grin. i can't help but smile back.

"where's the party at?" i inquire, trying to hide my genuine interest.

''my crib, friday night.'' he responds confidently, as if it's the place to be.

''i don't know where you live, elai, '' i raise an eyebrow, unsure about this whole situation

''you can get my number, i can text you the address.'' he says with a smile as he reaches out his hand.

involuntarily, maybe a little voluntarily, i put my slightly cracked iphone in his hand. after a while, he has keyed in as a new contact. elai and an emoji.

''bet, see you on friday!'' he says, his enthusiasm contagious.

then he disappears, as if nothing had happened, and i enter the lesson with a thousand unanswered questions that keep spinning in my head until i fall asleep that night.