nineteen

"Shit" Bailey muttered rushing over to her girlfriend, her eyes widening immediately at the cuts littering the older girl's face. Bailey cupped Vi's head in her hands, inspecting the damage, not bothering to hide her worry. The older girl appeared fine despite a fast-forming bruise and a few nasty cuts.

"You good?" Bailey breathed her brow furrowing with concern at Vi's split lip. "It's fine". Her girlfriend soothed, knowing where Bailey was looking. "They look way worse". She chuckled, placing a reassuring kiss on her girlfriend's forehead.

A pained groan caught the brunette's attention and she glanced down at two teenage boys. Blood flowed freely from their mouths and nostrils making Bailey grimace. She took in the way they were curled up, withering on the dirt. Bailey looked back at her girlfriend, smiling triumphantly down at the pair, putting two and two together.

"Vi". The younger girl muttered. Vi's expression immediately changed to one of fear. "Yea?" Vi mumbled, avoiding the brunette's hard gaze, a guilty look plastered on her previously proud face. "Look!?" Bailey gestured wildly at the boys who lay in pained positions on the ground.

"They're fine". Vi glared at the pair, landing a firm kick to one of the boy's jaws. "Stop kicking them". Bailey fanned her girlfriend's arm away from the boys. The brunette crouched down so she could look one of the older teenagers in the eye. She furrowed her eyebrow in confusion when he smirked at her despite the blood that slipped from his lips.

"She's even hotter in person Vi". He chuckled, his amusement ending almost immediately when a boot made contact with his temple. "For fucks sake". Bailey muttered turning to her girlfriend with a frown. The older girl grumbled and stuffed her hands in her pockets, harshly kicking a stone instead of someone's face.

"What happened?" Bailey hummed to the other boy who was still able to talk. He shook his head frantically at the younger girl, fearing to receive the same treatment as his friend who had, by the looks of it, lost consciousness. "I'll tell her then". Vi growled as Bailey pushed herself off the ground to stand at Vi's side.

"You were talking about all the perverted things you wanted to do to my girl". Vi spat, her hand wrapping around Bailey's wrist, and pulling the shocked girl close to her side. The boy on the ground shook his head again, his eyes pleading.

"Don't deny it you sick fuck" Vi hissed aiming a swift kick to his face, slightly surprised when her girlfriend didn't hold her back. Bailey grimaced and averted her gaze from the beaten-up boys. "C'mon". The brunette sighed, interlocking her fingers with her girlfriend and tugging her away from the teenagers, towards the last drop.

"Excluding Mylo, you're the stupidest person I know". Bailey admitted patting aggressively at the cut on Vi's cheekbone. The older girl winced as the brunette attacked her face with the damp towel, seeming to press harder every minute. "Shit, sorry". Bailey mumbled, only realising then what she'd been doing.

"S' fine". Vi hummed, smiling softly at her girlfriend who'd thankfully become a lot more gentle with her actions. The two stood in the washroom below the last drop. Vi was sat on the vanity, and her girlfriend stood between her legs, tending to her wounds. The shorter girl released a sigh, moving the cloth onto Vi's split lip.

"You okay". Bailey whispered, watching Vi nod slightly. "You should've heard what they were saying about you". Vi mumbled glaring at her lap while the brunette dabbed at her lip. "M' glad I didn't". Bailey whispered, stroking Vi's cheek, softening the taller girl's gaze.