Chapter one

-Liv-

''Are you ready for the game today?'' My father asks me when I come downstairs. He hands me a sandwich so I can eat something before I have to leave.

"I was born ready." I say to my father while smiling at him. Me and my father have grown closer together in recent years. After the accident, we had to start our lives all over again. My father had a lot of trouble with it in the beginning, and if I'm being honest he's still not the same as he used to be, but at least we've taken a lot of steps together.

I was young when my mother died, so I don't remember much about it. I only remember that i was in a car with my mom, that i saw two bright lights and then everything went dark.

"Should I bring you?" My father asks me. He picks up my bag from the floor and hands it to me.

"No thanks, Sam is already driving me." I look outside and see that Sam is just driving up. I grab my bag quickly take another bite of my sandwich and walk towards the door.

"I love you dad." I tell him as I walk out the door.

"I love you too honey."

I close the door behind me and walk over to Sam's car. She looks at me with a big smile on her face.

"Why are you so happy?" I ask her when I throw my bag in the back and get in next to her.

"You won't believe who I was with last night." She starts to giggle just thinking about it.

"Omg Sam you're not going to tell me you were with Charlie."

"I'm really sorry I know you told me to end it but I just love him so much."

Sam and I have been best friends for a long time. She has always been there for me after my mother's accident and has always helped me when needed.

"He's not a good guy Sam and you know it." I tell her.

In all the time that I've been best friends with Sam, a lot of guys have passed by. She's always trying something new, but somehow she always ends up with Charlie Scott.

Charlie Scott is an asshole. He is the captain of the football team. He can have all the girls he wants including Sam. I don't understand why he won't just leave Sam alone.

"Yesterday was really the last time." She says to me. I just don't believe it at all, because I've heard that phrase many times before.

Tonight is the first volleyball game of the season. Me and Sam are both on the girls' volleyball team at our school. We train very hard to reach the level for which our school is known.

"Is Nate coming to watch the game tonight?" Sam asks me.

I assume Nate will be there with Charlie. Me and Nate have been dating for 2 years now. He's the complete opposite of Charlie, which is why I don't get why they're best friends.

Nate is sweet and respectful while Charlie is a jerk. Nate always tries to justify Charlie's actions, but it's pretty clear that it's just really Charlie's personality.

We drive into the parking lot at our school. I can already see Nate's car. I get out of the car grab my stuff and walk towards the locker room. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I look and see that Nate has texted me.

Hey Babe, come to the storage room by the locker room.

A smile appears on my face when I read his words.

I'll be there in 5

I put my phone back in my pocket and look at Sam who was already looking at me. "Why are you so happy?" She asks me.