。★ 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭 ᵖᵃʳᵗ ² ★。

We arrive at the bank with our lottery ticket in hand.

"Please accept our congratulations on the momentous occasion. It is very, very close to expiring but there is no question, this is the third-place ticket worth five million yen."

A short petite man sat us down in a room. I guess this is the part where they see if all the people who clamed the tickets are tested. A gulped nervously.
"Now, then... if I may... this is a promissory note for the award of five million yen. Please allow us three days to process before collecting your cash award." He then handed out a tray. A note was on that tray, the promissory note. We all nodded, looking down on it. We all looked anxious.

"One, ten, hundred, thousand..." Okuyasu muttered while he counted the value of the number to himself. "It's got six zeros." Josuke muttered back, holding up his wrist a little. "Now then...." The man spoke, we all looked at him. What is he going to ask us now?

"Where did you get your lottery ticket?"

The question fumbled me. Me or the others never even thought about an excuse onto where we got it. Just his smile turning into a frown already intimidated me. Josuke thought quickly. "Now why would you wanna know that?" He questioned him to dodge the question. "It's a simple formality." He responded, holding the ticket to cover his mouth and nose.

'Damn dim-witted hoodlums. You won five million yen? Bullshit. This quick-witted teller smells foul play.'

The man's eyes narrowed. He knew we have been cornered. "Or perhaps I am seeing some resistance to answering my question?" His eyes widened as if he found us out. 'This man has to be bluffing, right?' I told myself.

"Oh um, we got it in the convenience store." Josuke masked his bluff. "Oh? How very peculiar... not a single store in Morioh sells lottery tickets."

Oh no. I glanced at him; 'this is the second time Josuke messed up. How can it get worse?'
"O-Oh, right..." Sweat appears on his face. He put up his palm to cover the evidence of him bluffing. "It must've been when we went to S City. We bought so much stuff, it must've just slipped my mind..." He then turned to look at us, expecting for us to back him up.

Okuyasu went with it immediately, only that he was a stuttering mess. "I-I-I-I-I-It's was so long ago..." I facepalmed, on the inside and on the outside. My god, have I never have been so humiliated in my entire life.

To make things worse, another person entered the room. It was a cop. "I just noticed something else peculiar..." The other man continued. "On the reverse side of the ticket, you will find space for the ticket holder's name and telephone number..." Wait what?

"Ichiro Morishita...." Oh. "The name written here doesn't match any of yours."

"N-Name?!" "Phone number?!" "That was written on the back?!" "E-Excuse me?!" We all shouted in unison. If we didn't look obvious before, we sure as hell do now. Before Shigechi could babble about anything else, Josuke covered his mouth while me and Okuyasu held him back.

"Well, well, well, well, this is peculiar." He sat back down, smirking. Josuke rose his hand out to him just to make one more claim for the money's sake. "Wait wait wait! I used it to write down my friend's number!" he tried to grab it, but the man pulled it out of his grasp. "Oh, is that so? Then whaddya say we give Mr. Ichiro Morishita a call?" he glanced at the phone, knowing what to do next. I was practically having a panic attack in the sofa right now. This is awful.

"All lottery tickets are traceable to their point of purchase with their serial numbers. If Mr. Ichiro Morishita indeed purchased a lottery ticket and can remember precisely where he bought it, we will then be obliged to confirm his signature... My, to whom does this mysterious ticket belong?"