Prolouge

Graduation. No other word in the English language can strike so much fear and excitement into a teenagers heart. One word the means oh so much. The end of one era and the start of another. When people think of graduation, they think of pretty dresses and pressed black tuxedos. It's a pretty image. Receiving the completion of year 12 certificate is also pretty cool. People think after graduation, it's leavers parties and a whole summer of doing nothing. The only thing left to wait for is your exam results, which most people don't care about anyway. But graduation means change. And that's the scary part. Graduation usually means moving out of mum and dads place, going into a full time job or starting university. But the worst part of the whole ordeal is the weeks leading up to it. It's one of the most stressful, upsetting and exhausting times in a young persons life. Fourteen years, maybe more, have all lead to this moment. Got to write that last essay for English, or do that math test you missed last term. Not to mention study. The one word every student hates almost as much as examination. But on top of this, you have to start coming to terms with the imminent fact you have to start saying goodbye. That could be your friends, your worst enemy, that loser that sits in the back of the class every day in chemistry, the place you hung out at breaks and even that teacher you said you've hated all year. But after a two hour ceremony, a few words of wisdom, and the deafening roar of the graduating class, it's over. You are no longer a high school student. No more years of formal schooling. It's all over. And as you tip your face skyward, one thought resonates though your mind: oh god help me.