Chapter One

The sun was hanging above the mountains like a night light, just before it went away for the night. The birds were settling in their nests and the world was slowing down. All you could hear was the laughter of children slowly dwindling down and nighttime began to fall again.

Simone let her hair down and sighed as rested on her couch, throwing her feet up and pulling out her phone. Scrolling, she came across her YouTube app and decided to open it and watch some videos on her projector till she got tired enough to go to bed. "Hey, what are we watching" her best friend, Chi said as Simone walked to the kitchen." Simone smiled and pulled out some left-over friend rice from yesterday and placed the bowl in the microwave. "I don't know yet, I didn't think you would even be here tonight" she responded, leaning against the microwave looking at Chi, waiting for her food to beep. The sound of the microwave filled the once silent kitchen and they both listened for a few seconds before starting conversation again. "I got an idea!" Chi said smirking, as they grabbed a blanket and sat back down on the couch. Simone giggled and shook her head before responding to Chi, who seemed a little excited. "What might that be?" she replied, rolling her neck before grabbing her food out the microwave. 

Simone sat on the couch and looked up to see Chi had already picked a video and was just waiting for her to sit down. "Oh, you watch Patty?" Simone asked with her head tilted to Chi, who was stealing some food of her plate. "I want to see why you like this guy so much" Chi responded with a mouth full of shrimp friend rice.

They watched a few episodes and by the time they finished the 5th one, Simone was ready for bed, and so was Chi. "Well, I can say he is very cute for you" Chi said standing, as they stretched their arms and smiled down at Simone, who was adjusting the pillows before she got up. "Cute for me?" She replied in a questioning kind of tone. Chi smirked and just walked back to their bedroom and giggled before shutting the door. "What is wrong with my best friend" Simone asked before giggling again and heading to her room. 

They had a commitment the next morning to get their friends mail who was out of town and needed her last check to be picked up from her ex-boyfriend's house. Why was she sending them? She literally had no one else in the city willing to go to his house because he was so annoying. Thats why.