the announcement

"You know, I have something big planned tonight," Taylor smirked as you took your seats in the audience of the VMAs.

You turned your head and stared at your girlfriend with furrowed eyebrows and a very curious look.

"You do? Tell me!" You excitedly said as you grabbed her hand and intertwined your fingers with hers.

"I'd love to, baby. But I'm going to let you find out along with everyone else. I want to keep it a surprise."

You pouted as you let her hand go.

"You're so mean. I'm your girlfriend, I should get exclusive girlfriend perks such as knowing what you're going to announce before everyone else finds out."

She laughed as she wrapped her arm around you and pulled you close.

"Don't worry, baby. It'll be worth it. You're going to be so surprised and you're going to love it."

You know she's right about that last part because you love everything she does.

But you're so curious and you just want to know what she's got up her sleeve.

You know she only keeps these things a secret from you because you're not just her girl but also her biggest fan and supporter.

She loves to surprise you with different things and she loves to tease you and leave you wondering what it could be.

As excited and curious as you were, you did respect her decision to keep it a surprise.

You kept your hand in hers and rested your head on her shoulder.

You admired how incredibly breathtaking she looked in her outfit.

She looked so gorgeous.

Honestly, her outfit for this year's VMAs kinda gave you look what you made me do vibes.

She looked so glamorous and gorgeous and you were so proud to be hers and call her yours.

People kept staring and stealing glances but every time they did, they saw your hand in hers and saw you cozied up to her, taking the hint if they didn't already know that she's taken and all yours.

And that made you so proud.

It was such a fun and exciting night.

You got to be there as Taylor won awards and you got to enjoy so many performances with her.

It was a blast.

And before long, video of the year award came up and your girlfriend's name was called as the winner.

You both stood up and you gave her a huge hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before she made her way to the stage.

"I'm so thankful for this award, thank you so much!" She grinned as she stared out at the crowd of fans and celebrities who were all cheering for her.

But her eyes fell on you more than anyone else because even though people are cheering and her screaming her name, no one is louder or more proud of her than you.

"You guys, I'm so proud of what we made, and I know that every second of this moment that we wouldn't have been able to make this short film if it weren't for you."

You smiled brightly, taking pictures in your mind of her and this moment to cherish it all forever.

"Because I wouldn't be able to re-record my album Red (Taylor's Version) if it weren't for you. You emboldened me to do that. And I had sort of made up my mind that if you were going to be this generous and give us this, I thought it might be a fun moment to tell you that my brand new album comes out on October 21st and I will tell you more at midnight."

Everyone went insane as the words left her lips.

You were so shocked, almost questioning if you had even heard her right.

She's been working so hard on re-recording her stolen albums, amongst other things.

How did she even have the time to create something new?

It made you admire her even more.

Her hard work, her dedication, her efforts, and her love for music were all so evident, even more so than before this announcement.

You know she's been so determined to release the re-recordings soon and finish everything up so she can own her work.

But somehow, in between her crazy schedule and managing to spend time with you and the other people she loves so much, she managed to make something new.

Taylor was so proud as she returned to your side a few minutes later.

She smirked as she sat back down, gazing at you to find that your jaw was still dropped in surprise.

"So, baby? Thoughts?"

"When did you manage to do all of this? Gosh, Tay, you work so hard. When do you rest?" You asked, making her laugh. "Tell me more!"

"Or you could wait until midnight like everyone else." She teased.

"Tay, please," You whined.

"Okay, okay. Because you're just so cute and I love you so much."

You grinned as she leaned over to whisper in your ear, wanting you and only you to hear what she was going to say.

"It's called midnights."

You gasped and she pulled away to stare at you, finding you grinning from ear to ear.

"And there may or may not be a couple of songs inspired by you on there as well."

"Seriously?" You smiled.

"Well, of course. You are my muse, my girl. I love you very much. I just had to put something on there about you."

"Aww, baby!" You said before kissing across her face, making her laugh loudly and happily. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, sweet girl." She grinned before stealing a few kisses from your lips. "And I can't wait for you to hear what I've been working on."

"I can't wait either." You said as you put your head back on her shoulder, ready to embark on this new and exciting era with her.