CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Sienna's POV

My eyes widened as I opened the door. Johnathan smiled because he saw the shock in my eyes.
"Hi." Octavia simply said as she stood at the same spot.
"Hi? uhmm... Nathan?"
"Can we at least come in?" he chuckled softly as he brushed past me, hitting me lightly and casually.  I moved a little to the side as they stepped in.
"You didn't tell me you both were coming." I whispered to Nathan when we all settled in the sitting room.
"Voila." was his response.
"How did you even get her...? You know what, Never mind." I said and turned to Octavia. By the way, Peace left some few minutes before Nathan and Octavia arrived, I'm sure they would have also enjoyed her company too.
"So what's up with you Octavia? I mean how are you?"
"I'm good." I said simply. I could tell she was really uncomfortable. Nathan moved close to her and somehow, she relaxed. I don't know how he managed to do it, but it was fair.
"Can I get you something?" I asked her politely.
"No thank you, I'm fine."
"Well, there's enough snack to go round just incase any tummy starts rumbling." We both chuckled, while Octavia remained mute. I sighed in my head.
We got into reading and I knew Octavia was smart but I underestimated that. Her head was literally fire. For the first time in a pretty long time I saw her smile though she was quick to fade them off. Any time she dropped valid points, she got a high five from Nathan. She found it weird at first but later, she just had to. I learnt a lot from her and Nathan too and they really refreshed my memory on some things I had forgotten. Nathan filled me in with all they learnt that day since I was absent and it was easy to grasp too.
Some few moments later, Kelly was awake and Paula brought her downstairs to eat, which she did so calmly and quietly.  This is because, Kelly never eats in peace, she was either rejecting the food or the person who fed her, sometimes, preferring one to the other or wanting to feed herself and littering the whole place. Other times she cries for no reason especially immediately she wakes up.
We read for hours and thankfully, the snacks and drinks Nathan came along with, served and no one really got up till we decided to take a break.
I was busy on my phone replying to my mom while Octavia and Johnathan were in their various businesses. Silence reigned among us and I found it weird because I am supposed to get along with Octavia. I was going to say something but Octavia was quick enough.
"She's pretty." I looked at her surprised because I didn't know whom she was referring to.
"Huh?" I asked. She nodded at the direction behind me and I turned as I watched Kelly walk towards us, one hand in her mouth.
"Kelly!" She knew I was going to scold her then she giggled and hugged me. "What did mommy say about manners?" She stayed glued on me and she removed her hand from her mouth.
"Hi Kelly." Nathan said and she went towards him and hugged him also.
"How are you?" he asked and she giggled. "I see you missed me." he smirked and I laughed.
"You wish." I said and rolled my eyes. He gave her, what he got for her. Some chocolates and other snacks...
"Can I carry her?" Octavia said quietly.
"You can try, she's very selective." I told her.
"Hey." she waved at Kelly. "Come." and weirdly, Kelly stood up and went to her. She sat a while on her lap and ran towards me smiling. I was a little shocked but I knew how unpredictable Kelly could be. We all stayed a bit and Octavia's phone rang. She rolled her eyes before picking up her phone.
"I am on my way mom." she said and waited a while before hanging up. "It's late already, I should get going." she said to us. I checked my time and it was past 6pm...
"Yeah alright, thank you for coming."
"I will drop you off." Nathan added.
"No it's fine, I can order a Uber."
"I brought you here, I'm taking you home."
"I..."
"Well, I insist." he interrupted and she stayed calm. I only smiled. I looked at Nathan and I was suspicious of his behaviour towards Octavia, I was going to get to the root of it, surely. They both stood up and I led them out to Nathan's car.
"Thanks for coming once again and I hope to have you around some other time." I was going to hug her but I kept my hands to myself. I hugged Nathan.
"Drive safe."
"Yeah, bye mama." he directed that to Kelly and she waved. We stood there till they drove out of sight.
I let out a loud sigh and walked in. Kelly was disturbing and I had to hit her to stay calm, yes I beat her once in a while but not too much. Just enough for her to be in her right Senses. She cried and screamed, "Bad mommy." as she ran towards Paula who never held her laughter when Kelly was being naughty.
"Mommy is bad right?" Paula said and she nodded while sniffing. I shook my head and arranged my books. I went through some of the things I read so I understand them well and it stuck. I spoke with Mom that night and as usual, dad was out of town...
"When are you coming home?"
"I told you mom, when I'm done with everything over here, I'll be there the next day, okay?"
"You said this the last time, remember."
"Yeah, but this time, I mean it. Let's switch to face time, Kelly is here." I told her and she called immediately.
"Mama." Kelly beamed the moment mom's face came on the screen.
"Baby!! Oh my baby, Mama has missed you so much! So so much"