Aftermath

The sounds of chains and metal clicking could be heard as locks were freed and latches were released. The prison metal doors creaked open and thru them came Dae accompanied by Eugene and two other Salamander soldiers. Dae approached the cage and the two soldiers scrambled to unlock it as Eugene just leaned against the wall away from us. The cage doors were opened and the two soldiers frantically went in to begin undoing K's chains. K slowly peeked as they unbuckled the necessary holdings and eventually brought his burning red gaze up to Dae. His red eyes grew brighter, and the entire room knew something was about to happen. As soon as the braces were dropped from his wrists, K launched both soldiers into the sides of the cage and stepped up to storm over to Dae. K grabbed the red haired man by the throat and raised him as high as his arm would allow before reeling back a tight fist. 

"Kieran, no." A familiar female voice could be heard from the door.

Thru them came Kureha in a much more battle ready outfit. It seemed she was the one responsible for our release. K's glowing stare just looked thru her, as if he were expecting a damn good reason not to kill Dae. 

"Not now." Kureha specified.

K just tilted his head slightly and stood still. 

"You son of a bitch..." Dae struggled to talk and ignited his off hand.

"Dae! Stand down." Eugene ordered, accepting his defeat.

The red haired man hesitated but reluctantly disbanded his flames and continued to grip K's wrist as he was choked. K just brought his attention to Kureha again, referring to the fact that Dae was about to light K's face up. 

"You can fight him another day." She convinced. 

K still stood unmoving before ultimately dropping Dae to his knees. Dae rubbed his neck before turning to us still bound along the wall. 

"Release them." He ordered and a few more Salamander soldiers entered to free us. 

As soon as our binds were removed, I rushed over to K and almost crashed into him for a hug. He held me close and I rubbed the back of his head before my gaze unintentionally found Dae on his knees next to us. I tried to pull away to kick my boot across his jaw, but K managed to stop me. We made eye contact and he just shook his head seriously.

"Not today." He spoke. 

I was hesitant at first, but eventually I did nod and turned to walk with him. 

"Let's go." Kureha beckoned before spinning her crystal lance and leading us out. 

The rest of the group all went first with K and I following just behind them. Out of the prison and thru the metal factory we traversed, gaining unwavering dirty looks from all Salamanders who could bare witness to our escorted departure. With the mixture of disdain for the Crystal Swordsman and the scorn for the Pink Salamander, we were more or less viewed as public enemy number one. It felt like we traveled thru an unfamiliar world of beings far unlike our own, outsiders in an unaccepting environment. We weren't welcomed in this region, and the energy in the air told that story. The further we went the worse it got until we neared the gates of the kingdoms walls. We exited them and Kureha guided us to a group beyond the Salamanders external metal war walls. There was Mountain atop a decorated mammoth, Shirley riding a mysterious green leopard, Zeliska on her wolf and Violet on a pegacorn. Fenrir also sat perfectly still while a large bird was tended to in the background. K approached Fenrir and began to pet his nose and face.

"Thank you, buddy." K acknowledged and Fenrir pushed his face into K's hand. 

K then looked around at everyone else upon their mounts before turning to Kureha who stood prominently with her lance upright.