One by one

"Why don't you go introduce yourself? Somebody has to start!"

I groan.

"I am serious! Just quit with the staring and go talk to him or else I will have to use my-

"NO!" I act fast. "You're not doing anything like that Liz! I mean it!"

"But..."

"NO! Now swear you won't!"

"Arghhh fine..."

"Swear!"

"I swear I won't."

"That's a good girl!"

She mutters a few curses and then walks away. I look at him one last time, lost, and walk towards her.

"This isn't fair! Why does he have to be a human?"

She gives me an awkward blank stare. "You've lost it! We friking live in a city of humans. Perhaps, a state a country a world of HUMANS Jessica! What else could you expect? And that definitely doesn't mean you stop admiring him. I mean, who says you can't love a human?"

"It's dangerous Liz! Don't you understand? Have you forgotten what happened to Klaus?"

"He deserved it Jess! And you know he did" She coughs and continues. "I'm just gonna drop you home and leave you by yourself for some time. Think about it. Think all you want till you land on what you will do next."

"Liz... I don't--"

"Just shut up and get in there. I will be back in an hour. Promise! And for god's sake get rid of your nonsense in this one hour. See ya!"

"Wait... Liz... I--"

I stare at her as she walks towards the footpath pretending to receive a call. As soon as she disappears out of sight, I close the door behind me and fall hard on the couch covering my face with the cushions. I notice my diary kept right where it was last night proving no sign of a robber to have crept in while I was away.

I pick it up and write down today's entry.

Dear diary
I know I am not supposed to be writing at this instant which is on a "bright sunny afternoon" but I must... in order to keep myself going! I have to survive the day right? I mean, I know it's been happening for quite a few days but today was absolutely irresistible... I have never in my lifetime of 242 years met a human like him! His eyes his hair his smile his smirk his walk his sense of fashion... HIM!

I take a sip of the red cold beverage kept on the table beside me. It tastes fresh. I continue...

Liz says that I should go for him. She believes in me. And even if I screw things up, she will definitely sort them out with her astounding powers! Well... the point here is that I gotta learn to be independent... I won't have Liz around me all the time, will I? Maybe I should be more careful and moreover I should forget Klaus and that tragedy.
Luv
Jessica <3

I keep my diary aside and stare at the broken glass shattered on the floor since yesterday.

Liz returns just on time carrying a parcel.

"He said it was for you."

"He?"

"He."

"Umm soo... should I open it or... would you like to do the honors?"

"No threat detected!"

"You sure!?"

"Yes."

"A 101% sure?"