- 1 -

𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓
━━━━━━━━━

He was crazy not to wear a sweater.

He should have worn his white woollen beanie. He should have grabbed a pair of gloves or at least wrapped a scarf around his face. And because he did not care to insulate himself with winter clothing, satoru was now nearly numb and paralyzed from the cold.

Did he really forget that nature does not discriminate? It shows no regard for the social hierarchies established by humans for measuring the worth of other humans.

Since when has the rain spared the homeless on the side of the road? Why should the winds show any mercy for the plane caught in the storm? The ocean is not obligated to spare the rich and drown the poor. And honestly, why should the fire not burn the body that's thrown into it? 

So it didn't matter if gojo satoru was the strongest person on the planet. If he forgot to wear his sweater, the cold would not give a damn about it.

It will still be a reckless and unsparing winter day, and he has to save himself while wearing nothing but a festive kimono.

The frost doesn't crunch beneath his wandering steps and he leaves behind no trace.

Maybe being born with the power to keep the world at an infinite distance has its perks. Such as, no one will know where Gojo Satoru ran off to if they fail to find his footprints.

If only his infinity could keep out the cold. That would've been a huge convenience at the moment.

"Great. I am officially lost in the middle of nowhere." Satoru groans, blowing puffs of air into his freezing palms exposed to the brutal winds. It was a pointless effort to warm them up.

Today was his seventh birthday. The Gojo household was going crazy with a grand banquet and expensive presents for the young master. But the celebrations didn't excite him like it used to.

He was drowning in luxury all the time, was always surrounded with expensive gifts and offerings from those whom he considered to be below him. He was praised by many and despised by just as many, for being the crown jewel of the jujutsu society.  

Unfortunately, all the perks and privileges lose their charm if it meant that satoru couldn't be a kid.

What particularly made his birthday all the more despicable was the old geezers approaching him with their creepy wrinkly smiles. Cupping his flawless face with their ragged hands and planting kisses on his knuckles with their crusty lips.

All this to celebrate the birth of the gojo family's prodigy.

This day, however, never celebrated Satoru. It celebrated the birth of a miracle that was born into the gojo family seven years ago. A walking wonder for jujutsu sorcerers and a fearsome threat to all the curses out there.

Gojo produces a stolen map from within his kimono and analyzes it from every possible angle. Up, down, upside down. His prodigious brain can't understand a single thing. 

"Am i or am i not in shinjuku? I think I am…" He mumbles grumpily. 

Standing beneath a lamp post within an empty park, satoru turns down his infinity as it had mentally drained him. Involuntarily, he shivers when a gust of wind flies by.