Chapter Two

It wasn't long before Elijah returned with Klaus by his side. True to their word the witches didn't harm the girls any further. Olivia stayed behind her older sister as Hayley greeted her one night stand. "Klaus?" Hayley said staring into the eyes of the person who got her pregnant. "What is the meaning of this?" Klaus said glaring at the witches.

Olivia shivered at the sound of his voice not entirely sure why. "We need your to help us take down Marcel." Sofie answered. "This is a pathetic attempt of a lie. Vampires can not procreate." Klaus responded. "But werewolves can. You're the original hybrid and this is one of nature's loop holes." Sofie said. "You've been with someone else admit it!" Klaus yelled glaring at Hayley.

"She isn't lying. She wouldn't do that." Olivia said coming to her sisters defense. Klaus turned his glare on her before he returned back to starring at Hayley. There was something there in the way he looked at Olivia. It was only there for a split second. It was recognition, he remembered her.
"Nicklaus, listen." He said. Klaus did listen using his vamp hearing to hear the heartbeat of the baby.

"Kill the baby and the girls, what do I care?" He said stalking off. Olivia couldn't understand how this person was supposed to be her soulmate. She could never go for someone like him. Besides he scared her. The fact that he didn't care at all about their safety. Olivia just couldn't understand how he can just not care so easily especially when it's his own child.

Elijah glanced at the girls worry etched on his face. "No one is to harm the girls or the baby. I will fix this." He said before leaving. Since the witches had no other choice they waited for Elijah to return. Olivia kept contemplating how she could ever have loved someone like Klaus even if it was in a past life. Hayley was worried about the baby and hoped Elijah would come back soon.

She hadn't even known she was a mother until about a week ago and now she feels this overly protective feeling towards the baby. Hayley had never had a true family but that's all she ever wanted. She doesn't know if she'd be a good mother because she was never taught how to be a mother. She doesn't have anyone to look up to, no one to hold her hand or tell her how to do this. No one except her little sister.

Just as suddenly as they had left Klaus and Elijah were back. "I will help you take down Marcellus." Klaus said to the witches. He already wanted to take down Marcellus as soon as he heard what Marcel did to his city. He wants what Marcel has and he will stop at nothing to get it. "And the girls come with us." Elijah said making his demand loud and clear.

"Deal. We'll talk strategies later." Sofie said. "Now get out. Us witches have work to do." She continued. Elijah took Hayley and Olivia's hand and sped them to their home or rather the place they were currently staying. Klaus followed closely behind. He looked at Olivia for a moment envious of Elijah's hand in hers.

"Elijah? May I speak with you for a moment?" Klaus said with an evil glint in his eyes. Elijah immediately nodded letting go of Olivia's hand. Olivia felt fear for the man she barely knew who was going off with her supposed soulmate. But she didn't want to say anything. They were brothers after all and brothers don't hurt each other.

"Do you want the room upstairs or downstairs?" Hayley asked her little sisters letting her get first dibs. Olivia shrugged not caring what room she got as long as it had a bed and a shower. "Okay, I'll take upstairs. You can have downstairs." Hayley said already heading up the stairs. Olivia nodded and started to explore the house.

She found a room pretty quickly and decided that she could have it since no one else was occupying the space. She searched through the dresser to find some clothes to change into. She discovered that the dresser was full of men clothes. Which meant this room was not indeed unoccupied. This room either belonged to Elijah or Klaus.

"Looks like you're settling in fine." A voice said from behind her. She turned around to see Klaus standing there looking good. It was hard to ignore how attractive he was but she made an effort. "Yeah. Sorry, is this your room?" She asked looking slightly worried. Klaus smiled at her. "Yes but you can sleep here if you want. I'll take the couch." He said.

That sounded surprisingly generous for someone who seemed to care very little about her. "I wouldn't want to kick you out of your room." She started to say before he put up a hand to stop her. "Then I guess It's a good thing you're not. I'm offering you the bed. Take it if you want either way I'll sleep on the couch." He said leaving her to her own devices.

He was so frustratingly confusing. She couldn't figure him out and she hated that. She always considered herself to be fairly good at reading people. But Klaus was not so simple. Which of course only made her fascination with him grow more. But she certainly wasn't going to tell him or anyone else that.

She sighed and returned to going through the dresser. She grabbed a pair of boxers and a long sleeve green t-shirt. Then she went to take a shower. She tried to be quick about it but it was a little hard to do that when the water felt so nice. A half hour later she was dressed and walking out of the bathroom.

Before she got in bed she saw a duffel bag and her backpack on the bed. She knew it was her backpack because it still had the charm she got herself after finding out her sister was a werewolf. There was one other thing on the bed a envelope with her name in fancy cursive. She picked it up. It seemed to be made of thick parchment. She opened it to find a letter inside.

Dear, Olivia
I hope you're settling in okay. In the duffle bag you can find a week of clothes and some other necessities. I had to ask for help from my sister for some of the more girly belongings. But despite my lack of female knowledge I hope you find everything you need in the duffel bag. Oh also your sister told me you lost your back pack near the graveyard. I retrieved it for you hopefully having it can help you feel more at home.
Always, Elijah

The girl was touched by his words so touched that she let a few tears slip. No one had ever been this nice to Olivia. Well no one except her sister. She grabbed her backpack and sat on the bed to go through everything. Inside her bag she found that everything was still there. Including her notebook and the wolf plushie her sister got her one year for her birthday.

It was a year after they got kicked out of their adopted family's home. A year after they found out that Hayley was a wolf. A year they'd lived on the streets. Olivia started thinking more and more about that day until finally she had fallen asleep. She didn't know it but her sister visited her in the middle of the night putting a cover over her.

A/N: I hope you're enjoying the story so far. I'm sorry it took me so long to write the second chapter. Hopefully the next chapter won't take so long to write.

Also remember to vote, comment and continue to read but only if you want to.

Peace!