Festival

Carmen was woken up to her mother cooking. it smelt like lasagna. She remembered that it was the day for festival, the Autumn festival.

Carmen put on a blue dress, unlike the ones for school, those hid the girls figure, her old friend from New York used to say.

She put in her silver hoops, along with a necklace, and Ma always made her wear her hair with a silk bow

She walks down the stairs, her mother is almost ready to leave, her brothers, and father were going before they left for there trip

"Hey, Cam." Diego says,causing Aj to look up from his book.

"Morning Cammy, look who's finally awake." Aj says, nudging Carlos, who's nose was still in a book and taking notes.

"Hi." He says, not looking up towards her.

"Cammy, look at this buzzword." Her father says laughing, she looks at it even though most of the time she can't read, she laughs at his laughing.

There then was a knock on the door. Duke went crazy.

"I'll get it." Carmen says running towards the door as Diego hushed Duke. She opens it and there stood Gilbert.

"Gilbert!" She says in excitement, and hugs him tight.

"Hey, Carm." He says, with a laugh and sliding his arms around her waist. She smiles and let's go and next hugs Mr. Blythe. There are bags in the hall, which belonged to each male.

"Come on in." Carmen says, to them. As Duke runs up.

"Nice to see you Carmen." Mr. Blythe says, with a smile.

"Hey." Carmen's father says, to Mr. Blythe.

"We're just about ready to leave." Carmen's father says, as my mom walks over with three trays, on filled with pasta, another with mashed potatoes, and a third filed with chicken.

"Here hold these." Ma says, slipping in her shoes. She then goes and gives Duke a treat.

"Let's go!" She calls as the rest walk over.

"Shall we?" Gilbert asks, putting his arm out, Carmen links her arm with his.

"We shall." Carmen smiles, as they walk out arm and arm. Carmen and Gilbert walk all the way there arm and arm, until Carmen almost fell while trying to walk on a rock.

"Yeah, you're not doing that anymore." He says, as they continue to walk, they fell behind the rest of the families, as they walked down the hill, everyone already there. The Barry's, the Andrew's, the Pyes, the Cuthberts, and everyone else.

There was Anne watching with Diana, as the family moved out of the view for Gilbert and Carmen to be seen, as he held onto her waist and she held on his arm slightly.

They pointed at the big lake.

"That's a lake we should try to swim." He says to her, she giggles.

"You wish." She says, laughing. The kids of Avonlea watched the interaction as they walked over to the tent that Ma and Ms. Barry were talking. Diego and Mini May were hanging out.

"You must be Carmen, I'm Diana's father." He says sticking out a hand towards her, she shakes his hand.

"I-it's a pleasure" she says, Carmen always got nervous around other people which caused her to stutter but she thought that she stopped doing that. Gilbert just kept his arm around her waist. As Josie and Jane gossiped about it.

Anne with Diana and Anne watching the interaction.

"Nice to see you too Gilbert." He says placing his hand out, and Gilbert shakes it not letting go of Carmen.

"We'll be around, but thank you for this wonderful event." Gilbert says as they walk away.

"Seems people like to talk." Camren whispers about to touch his ear sending shivers down his spine.

"It seems so." He says, as he looks at the whispering families, Anne then runs off with Marila and Diana following her.

"That must be Anne." Carmen says as they disappear. Gilbert gives her a confused look.

"Who?" He asks, he wasn't paying attention to anyone else except for Carmen, and the things that she was saying.

"The girl with bright red hair, I'm hoping that she can be a good friend." Camren says in a sigh.

"Don't worry you'll make friends, I know you will." Gilbert says, in a statement. Giving her a smile.

After some time it was time to leave, they spoke to some of Gilbert's friends, but a few were stuck at the trays that Carmen's mom brought in.