16.

My head felt as if it had been driven into something hard. I could barely open my eyes. My body ached all over. I was lost in an eternal darkness with what felt like no way out. That was until I felt the cool rough touch of someone. I couldn't make out a person or either what was going on. I was lost and confused but I heard voices. No, I heard a voice. A very desperate voice. But I could only hear it in pieces. 

"....you...don't.....help....me"

Who didn't I help...? I couldn't even piece it together before I fell back into the darkness.

KAI'S POV

The woman was still going on and on about the zombies.

"They can talk and-and-and they can see and-and-and" The woman frantically spoke until the man with the crutches rubbed her hand with his. She turned her head to him. He looked at her with pleading eyes. She looked at him and then looked at the ground before taking a deep breath. 

"I'm sorry, I always get too worked up over this topic" She softly spoke. 

"It's alright, I can tell that whatever you've been through, it wasn't easy," I said as I looked around the room. Mark was now standing at the weapons crate examining the weapons. Donnie leaned against a pillar while talking to one of the girls without an arm. I focused my attention back on the woman.

"So, where exactly do you need our help with?" I questioned. The woman looked at the man who slightly tilted his head to her. She fumbled with her fingers before she whispered

"The animal shelter.."

"The animal shelter!?" Mark nearly yelled. He whipped his head around to us with this angry expression on his face. We furrowed our eyebrows at his sudden change in attitude. "Why in the hell do you guys need to go to the animal shelter?"

"Mark, that's none of our business," I calmly say but Mark didn't take it calmly. Instead, he walked over to me with some animosity in his stride. When he stood directly in front of me he glared at me. I stood my ground as I watched him. 

"Why is it none of our business when we are the ones helping these crippled" Mark spat out. The woman gasped. So did a few of the others that were around. I looked around the room again as I saw facial expressions change from fear to anger. I grabbed Mark by his collar

"Come here," I say as I drag Mark to the corner of the building. Mark threw some punches but he soon let it go when he realized that I wouldn't let him go. Donnie saw me practically dragging Mark so he told the girl that he'd be right back. He soon followed me into the corner. I threw Mark up against the wall. 

"What happened-" Donnie asked but he was soon cutoff by my own question.

"What the hell was that about?" I angrily whispered. Mark huffed as he rolled his eyes. I grabbed his shirt and slammed him into the wall again harder this time. "Answer me Mark, what the fuck was that?"

"What the hell happened?" Donnie asked again as his eyes jumped from me to Mark. Mark grabbed my arms which were still holding his shirt. 

"Fuck you" Was all he said. He then struck me with a right hook. This took me aback. As I was readying myself to hit him back we heard a crash. I looked over my shoulder to see that everyone else was as petrified as me. I glared at Mark with my fist still waiting to punch him. As bad as I wanted to knock his teeth out I have other things to worry about. I jogged back over to the woman who looked like she could pass out at any moment.

"Hey, hey, what was that?" I asked. The woman was shaking. Her eyes were weary as she lightly spoke

"They can't drive..."