beginning of a problem

The Hanahaki disease. An illness where the victim coughs up flower petals due to unrequited love. There are two ways to cure this disease. One, to remove it surgically, but at the cost of losing feelings for the other person. Or two, the other person returns their feelings, romantically. Any other form of feelings will not be enough.

Anyways back to the story 🥰

Sonic was doing his daily run, greeting the mobians he passed by. He stopped at at tails' house to visit him. "Oh! Hi sonic! Come on in." Tails said happily, moving aside. "Hey buddy! How's your morning?" Sonic asked, refreshed from his morning run.

Tails grinned at this question. "Well, I'm currently updating the tornado! I plan to install another seat, since last time you fell off the plane." Sonic blushed in embarrassment remembering the events from the previous day. "It was an accident! Not my fault it was getting boring" as he shrugged.

The two friends, who have more of a brotherly dynamic, laughed it off. "You should have seen your face! Knuckles was laughing when we saw shadow carry you!"

Basically what had happened the day before:

"Yeah! Check out my new moves!! I call this one sky dan- WOAH I'M SLIPPING" sonic screamed. Knuckles and Tails turned around, but it was too late. Sonic was falling, at an alarmingly fast rate. He was about to hit the ground, when he felt arms wrapped around him, and was being carried bridal style. He stopped screaming and opened his eyes. It was Shadow carrying him.

"Be more careful, idiot." Shadow scolded, glaring at sonic. Sonic looked away, blushing. 'He's wayy too close. I kind of want him to keep me close like this ' he blushed at the thought. He decided to brush those thought away, and grinned, still blushing "Thanks shads! I owe you one." Sonic said happily. "...Your welcome." Shadow murmured. He turned to sonic. "Hedgehog, you're turning pink. Are you sick?" Shadow questioned.

"Nah, I'm fine. It's just you're ho- IT'S HOT. IT'S REALLY HOT." Sonic stammered, as he began fanning himself with his hand. Shadow gave him a questioning look but decided not to push it.

When he and Shadow had landed on the ground he dropped sonic. "Anyways, thanks for- ow! You could have at least dropped me gently!" Sonic exclaimed. Shadow smirked, chuckling a little. "Yeah, yeah, laugh it off, whatever." Sonic said, as he rolled his eyes playfully.

Just then, Tails flew down, with Knuckles. Tails and Knuckles were both laughing, seeing Sonic's face. "Sonic! Are you okay? You're turning pink!" Tails asked, concerned for his brother. Meanwhile, Knuckles was laughing his ass off. "Don't worry, Tails I'm fine. Probably caught something." Sonic replied, then turned to Knuckles.

"Aw man, you too? First, Shadow laughs at me, and now you?" Sonic says as he walks over to knuckles. "Sorry, but you should have seen your face, funniest thing I've seen today." Knuckles replied, shrugging while grinning. Sonic playfully hit Knuckles. "Alright buddy, I think I'll head home for today, take care!" Sonic said, as he waved goodbye.

Now back to the present.

"By the way, Knuckles did not deserve that punch." Tails said jokingly. "He totally did" Sonic joked back. Sonic was about to start another conversation, when he started coughing. A lot.

"Sonic? Are you okay?" Tails asked, even more concerned than yesterday. "I'll be right back." Sonic coughed, running to the bathroom. He started coughing a lot more, and felt something come out of his throat. Flower petals. His eyes widen as he looks at his hand, wondering how this was possible. He heard tails knocking at the door, and quickly flushed them down the toilet. He opened the door, and saw tails with a worried expression.

"Sonic? Are you okay? I brought you some water." Tails asked worryingly. "I'm fine, buddy. I told you yesterday I caught something, I can take care of myself!" Sonic said, but deep down he was scared. Tails offers to let sonic stay for the night, and sonic accepts.

Hope you liked it ^^