IX - Different Ending

"You did what now?!"

Before Kyungsoo knew it, his Chinese hyung stood up from his seat and smacked him right across the face. Hard.

"Why would you ever say that to her?!"

Yes, getting hit in the face did hurt yet Kyungsoo knew he deserved that. Actually, it felt good.

Junmyeon comes rushing to the living room when he heard the loud noise, "I heard something?" Seeing Kyungsoo clutching his swollen cheek in his hand tells him enough. "Okay, Yixing. I don't know what he pulled but you shouldn't have hit him like that," he says when they all stand awkwardly in the kitchen to get Kyungsoo some ice.

"You're right. I should have hit harder. Let me try again," he walked towards Kyungsoo only to be pushed back by Jun.

Yixing folds his arms and pouts. "Look, hyung. Let me finish my story first, okay? Stop reminding me how stupid I was," Kyungsoo sighs and presses the ice deeper into his skin. He might look harmless but Yixing can throw some nasty punches.

The other two men standing in the kitchen look shocked. Did Do Kyungsoo, cockiest person in the world, seriously call himself stupid? "I should have recorded that.." Yixing mumbles

"Okay, you clearly are very upset about something that happened. Care to tell me?" Junmyeon asks Kyungsoo, and the younger one sighs deeply.

"Well, you see.. the day of that party..."

The day of that party Kyungoo cut his hand badly on the glass he broke. He was livid to see you at that party and to watch Jongin hold you like that. It felt like someone stabbed him when Jongin called himself your new lover.

This wasn't supposed to be a feeling he should be having.

He was supposed to be happy. He finally got the girl of his dreams after years and years of admiring and hoping.

So why was he left with such an empty feeling?

His feet carried himself out of the room. He felt dizzy and he had trouble keeping his breathing stable. Blood was dripping on the marble floor and people were curious about all the commotion.

Miyoung had followed him out. He ran his clean hand through his hair and kicked a chair out of frustration and pushed objects from tables. "Kyungsoo," she called.

He turned around, finally calming down from his anger. She didn't say much more. Her eyes showed she knew enough.

"You love her, don't you?"

He knew the answer. He just really didn't want to say it. When you left he felt frustrated, confused and a little empty.

Miyoung scoffed.

"Really? You have been crushing over me for years and when I finally give you a chance you push me aside? For this girl?" Kyungsoo is on the verge of tears. He doesn't cry easily but when he realizes that having the girl he wanted for almost a decade doesn't make him happy, it's disappointing.

He can see her tears forming. "Can't you stay with me? Like you always wanted to?"

Before he knew you he would have caved and given her anything she desired. So with hesitation, he removed the hand she had put on him. "I'm sorry. I'm letting you go."

"Why?" She asked. "Why is everyone doing this to me?"

Which made him run a hand through his hair frustratedly, "I'm not in love with you anymore. For a while actually.."

And that's how he ended up in front of your apartment complex.

You nearly dropped your keys when you saw him. It had been months since you've left and you thought you would have been able to avoid a confrontation.