pete gets blocked by firkle roleplay related thing

a/n: um. this has a lot of lore attached but to sum it up; pete became an orphan and for the last 3 weeks or something firkle had been living with the thelmans (aka just pete LMAO) then uh firkle and pete got hit by a freaking bus!

(this first part is from when pete got home from the hospital.)

//

Pete made his way home after a while. It took a lot of work, and a lot more time than usual.

Honestly, he just wanted to collapse onto his bed again, since he'd missed everything that had been regular for him so, so badly, and felt like shit over everything else that kept happening to him.

So when he pushed open that door, he felt excited for once. Something would be there for him, oh he just knew it. Familiarity.

Except, it wasn't what he had known for the last two weeks. Nothing of the sort. There were things scattered everywhere, like some of it had been rummaged through just to find particular objects, and there was no sign of his best friend even being there other than a skull bracelet on the floor.

His eyes widened in surprise, trying to search for any answer that wasn't the truth, but it never quite came to him. What a shame.

Ah, they'd moved already.

He carefully picked up the bracelet, wanting nothing more than to hold it closely to him. Pete was completely and utterly alone again.

"Oh," escaped his lips. He hadn't said much this entire time, feeling and thinking because he was so truly abandoned that speech became needless.

Pete's face became quite red again for the second time that day, but this time choked sobs finally made their resurgences much unlike anything prior.

Instead of collapsing on a soft surface, he brought himself down to the floor in some kind of fetal position, assuming (and hoping) it would make him stop. But this shaking, hyperventilating, goth kid would probably never feel the same as before.

a/n: from here, firkle's parents didn't feel safe with pete being with firkle so they made him block pete lol

After a while, Pete's phone buzzed. He was slightly better from the moment he got home, though just enough that he could spend a little extra time typing.

It was from Firkle. That helped a lot, somehow, yet just for a moment.

'Pete. I'm sorry.'

An apology was strung full of words Pete never thought would hurt so much.

'Why? You didnt do anything wrong, dont worry' Pete clicked away as quick as possible with hurt arms, trying extra to make sure Firkle didn't feel wrong.

'You don't understand.'

It confused him to say the least. Pete thought it was about moving, or something. Why else would he be sorry? Firkle did mouth sorry to him at the hospital over that too..

'???'

After that, Pete could no longer dm him. Surely it was just a bug, and he wasn't blocked, right?

Right??

Fuck. Why now, when he was already hurt? What even happened to Firkle?

Pete updated the orphan groupchat once Firkle had left. It probably didn't really matter to them, but he couldn't let himself just say I don't know anymore.

a/n: hhahaha cliffhanger. L!