Spoiled Date

It has been around a month that Katha and Viaan have been dating. It was a confession that happened in spur of the moment. It was a heated moment when Viaan asked Katha "Why do you care so much..?"

"Because I like you" Katha replied and the moment became that of happiness and joy.

Ehsan from Viaan's family and Aarav and Neerja from Katha's side of family are the only ones that have been aware of them dating. Aarav was really happy to see his mumma finding happiness all over again. Neerja and Ehsaan had always been their biggest supporters and shippers.

They have not been to a single official date in the meantime. Yes, they have been to long drives from their office to Katha's home which were made into long by the traffic that consumed the road, they have been to dinners together which were official meetings... they have also been to family dinners where Aarav accompanied them but them alone as lovers, no.

"Shall we go for dinner tomorrow..??" Viaan asked while driving on his way to drop Katha...

"Sure.."

"Infor.."

"Just us.." Katha cuts Viaan before he could complete his statement about inviting Aarav.

"A date then..??" In the minimal light of yellow streetlights that were infiltering the car shyness and blush on Viaan's face was still prominently visible...

"Yes, a date..."

"I am planning it then.."

"Theek hai aapki marzi.."

***
Date Day

Viaan booked a restaurant by the beach which also provides you a private area of the beach along with food and table. He ordered a good vine, some of Katha's favourite foods...

Katha wore a green flared dress... put on smoky eye makeup and a nude lipstick. Viaan had offered to pick her up but she clearly refused as she wanted him to see her dressed in his favourite colour not in some streetlights but in a well lit place, little did she know she was going to be in a place only lit by fairylights and candles.

As promised to Viaan she didn't check the location herself instead Neerja booked a cab for her. The staff of the restaurant escorted her to their private booking.

A mix of emotions flows through her on seeing the setting it is so private and so beautiful but also something she will never be able to afford. Relationship should be among equals and this right now didn't seem very appropriate.

Not to spoil the mood tonight she keeps the talk for later.
Viaan extend his arm forward asking for her hand and Katha entangles her hand with his as he kisses the back of it.

"Let me sway you with my moves that you have taught me.." And with this Viaan takes Katha in the centre of the dancing space...

"May I.." he slides his hand on her waist after a little nod as a permission from her side. Katha places her other hand on the shoulder.

Viaan extends their entangled hand as they move in circles slowly dancing on Perfect..

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess
I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it
Darling, you look perfect tonight

Viaan twirled her and brought her closer to his chest as she wrapped her hands around his neck swaying to the music..

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a lover, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

Kath's phone rings as this line reaches to its end and it is special ringtone set for only Aarav and Neerja ji..
It was a call from Neerja ji, she panicked... Neerja ji knew that she had a date and would never call her to spoil it unless there is an emergency...

"Aarav ko continous vomit ho rahi hai aur bukhar bhi hai... serious hai thoda kyunki ab Aarav bhi tumhe maang raha hai.." Neerja ji starts speaking before Katha could mouth a hello as soon as the call is answered....

"Main bas abhi aa rahi hoon.." Katha cuts the call and her phone makes an entry into her tote bag...

"Kya hua.." Viaan who panicked seeing Katha panic asks in a calm demeanour..

"Aarav ki tabiyat bahut kharaab ho gayi hai.."
"Chaliye main aapko drive kar deta hoon.."

They both hurriedly get into the car and Viaan drives rashly in the hurry to go to Aarav..

Katha runs inside while Viaan waits outside in the car...

Vomiting has stopped and but the fever is still high. It was one of the side effects of his treatment. She props a medicine to Aarav as she puts him to sleep... She places a towel dipped in cold water on his forehead... and a sudden realisation that she never bid adieu to Viaan hits her.

When Katha didn't come back for 10 minutes he realised that Aarav's condition must be better and there was no need to go to hospital. He could have gone back but he waited in the car for Katha to inform him..

Hoping he would have gone back she gets back to the parking and watches him sleeping in the car. She knocks at the car window... which wakes him up..

"Batman kaisa hai..??" Is the first thing he asks as soon he wakes up...

"Woh ab theek hai.."

"Main ab chalta hoon phir.."

Katha wants to stop him desperately..." Aap andar chaliye na... agar raat ko kisi bhi moment baat aur bigad gayi toh it will be better ki gadi ho..."

"Ok.." Viaan locks the car and follows back Katha to Aarav's room. He was going to sit on the living room sofa just before the moment when Katha asked him to follow her.

They both sit on the opposite side of the bed, taking care of Aarav... putting on the cold towels taking turns giving the other one time to sleep...

Katha covers Viaan's hand which is on Aarav's chest... not realising when they both slept... in this position...

Aarav is the first one to wake up and his movement disturbs both of their sleep...

"Robin, Mama" the enthusiastic Aarav whose fever was now normal hugs both of them in a single hug.. "I am sorry maine aapki date spoil kardi..."

"Aapse zyaada zaroori thodi thi humari date.." Viaan plants a kiss on Aarav's head...

"Sahi baat hai.."

"Ab main chalta hoon.. aur aap aaj chhuti le lijiye.."

"Nahi" Katha disagrees on both the things..

"Work from home then but aaj aapka office aana ban hai.." Viaan starts to leave the room...

Looking at all the possible reasons but coming up with none to stop him she gets ready to bid him a bye. She follows the retrsting figure of Viaan after caressing Aarav and dropping some kisses.
"Next date main plan karoongi.." She says in a loud voice a little more than normal but less than a scream

"Kya..??" Viaan turns back..

"Yeh date spoil karne ka compensation.." She walks towards him...

"Yeh spoiled date nahi thi, date par saath waqt bitate hain jo maine aapke saath bitaya woh mere liye kaafi hai.."

"Next date iss date jitni mehengi nahi hogi but I promise achhi hogi..."

"Okk then.."

"Also yes, agli baar se donon ke liye budget friendly dates plan kijiyega.. maana aap mujhse bahut zyaada kamate hain but since we are equals in this relationship lets be equals in all aspects.."

"Aage se dhyaan rakhoonga promise.. maine itna nahi socha tha... woh main bas.."

"Pata hai aap mere liye best chahte the.."

Aarav calls back Katha asking for water and Viaan leaves for parking.. 

Katha runs back but Viaan is not there and she takes a huge sigh... turning to the kitchen to make porridge as breakfast...