ACT ONE-SCENE ONE

(the part that leads to the village square of Amuze Community, people seeing returning from the market with basket, black cellophane, some carrying calabash, palm fronds, men , women, children. Some children are seeing eating Okara, Pufpuf, some women gisting and chatting away their sorrow, just then quarrel is heard from the opposite direction; it is Mazi Okonta and Mazi Nnana, people are seeing giving them space, some geared into two, three, four and so on to see if they are going to engage in a combat)

Mazi Okonta:​Nnana, Nnana you see in this village I will deal with you, I will tell you that I am Okonta D great.

Mazi Nnana:​Tai Mechie onu who dash monkey banana. You can only make noise you cant do anything.

Mazi Okonta:​I Okonta can do nothing, I will tell you that a tree that refuse to bend down, will surely dance to the tune of the wind when it passes.

Mazi Nnana:​I am Nnana, the son of Amadike the greatest farmer in the whole clan of Amuze community, I fear no body.

Mazi Okonta:​a child that is carried on the mothers back will never know the distance covered by the mother, I will show you what it takes to be a hunter, I Okonta will eliminate you from this community.

Mazi Nnana:​it is only a man that is guilty of a crime that will be scared of your ranting. Go and tell them that I Nnana refuse to fall a victim of your boastfulness.

Mazi Okonta:​the ear that cannot hear is cut off together with the head (just then Nnana cut in pointing finger at him as if he wants to fight)
Mazi Nnana:​it is your head and your ear that will be cut off. Okonta you have eating more than you can chewed.

Mazi Okonta:​A fly that has no one to advise it follows it corpse to the grave. Nnana be warned (he continue to shout be warn as he left to his direction)

Mazi Nnana:​Anufia, ewu wait now, let do it man to man, let me show you that during my youth age I defeated the great Odigwu the cat. (He also left, everybody left)

(mazi nnana house, his wife and daughter sitting outside the
house waiting for him, the news has already gotten to them that
Mazi Nnana and Okonta quarrel today and almost fought)

Oloma:​​my husband welcome how was market today?

Mazi Nnana:​Nne fine

Oloma:​My husband (she went closer to him and try to rub his chest after Oluchi has collected what he brought from the market) sit down (he sat down). My husband you know am your wife and I don't want anything to happen to you, please whatever it is you have with Mazi Okonta please let it be resolve. You are my only hope, if anything happen to you I can't withstand it. Please nnayi, biko.

Mazi Nnana:​No, I can never be defeated by a common hunter. I am Nnana Amadike, the greatest farmer in Amuze Community; I will show Mazi Okonta that he that step on a lion's tail should be ready to fact the consequence when it arose from slumber.

Oloma:​hmmmm, heeeee. Nnayi am telling you now; don't allow your stubbornness no put this family into an everlasting suffering.

Mazi Nnana:​Woman please go inside and get me my food and stop questioning me.

Oloma:​Ok ooh, nnayi it is for the fear of what tomorrow may bring that made Ajala the tortoise to carry it house to wherever he goes to. I have told you my own.

Mazi Nnana:​Common will you get inside and do what I ask you to do and stop giving me proverbs I don't know when you got them from.(she went inside to get his food) light out.

(mazi nnana going to get palm wine from okoro the palm wine
tapper, when he came across mazi ibe)

Ibe:​oh, Mazi Nnana noh, I was planning to come and see you this evening.

Mazi Nnana:​ehh, hope there is no problem.

Ibe:​not at all, you see our people say when a bird peaches on a rope neither the bird nor the rope will be at rest.

Mazi Nnana:​ehh Mazi Ibe from which direction are you coming from.

Ibe:​you see mazi nnana, the whole village is now aware of the rift between you and Okonta. It is often said that settlement is better than fighting.

Mazi Nnana:​Ibe the whole village can as well go about gossiping the head but all I know is that (hitting his chest) I Nnana Amadike can never be scared of a common hunter.

Ibe:​hmm, the ear that refuse to hear a word will certainly be cut off with the head(anam)
Mazi Nnana:​if you like let your head and leg be cut off (he continues his journey)(he came to Mazi Okoro house)

Okoro:​Nnana the great, this one you came to visit me at this time hope all is well.

Mazi Nnana:​all is well okoro my brother I only came to get small palm wine from you.

Okoro:​is that why you trek this long distance, you should have sent your adana.

Mazi Nnana:​haaa, don't say that oooh, you know she is all I have, I don't want anything to happen to her.

Okoro:​hmmm, Nnana, the way you loved this your daughter hope u will not end up marrying her one day. (both laugh) am coming let me get the palm wine (he went inside and get the palm wine) here it is.(Presented the palm wine to him in a calash)

Mazi Nnana:​hmm Okoro,(took a little sip from the calabash) the greatest palm wine tapper, the man that climb the tallest palm wine tree without fear or favor. Thank you so much.

Okoro:​you are welcome, ehh that reminds me what is it with you and Okonta again.

Mazi Nnana:​Okoro a child that must learn how to walk me first learn how to crawl, okonta is a small child who doesn't want to crawl before he walk, he is a small rat where iam.

Okoro:​This misunderstanding is getting out of hand, last Eke market day it was recorded that you both fought at the market square, same with Afor market day and now this one, the Igwe must have to look into it this time around.
Mazi Nnana:​Okoro I have to be on my way now once again than you for the palm wine (he stood up to go)

Okoro:​​ok, my regards to your family

Mazi Nnana:​(in distance) they will hear. Scene fade away.