Chapter 10 Teaser

I can't take this anymore. Freen has been ignoring me for two months now. I know she's busy taking care of her mother, but I also had a feeling that she was avoiding me. How many times have I reached for her but ended up failing.

I am in front of Xyza's clinic now. I knew Freen was here because Xyza told me their schedules for doing her mother's therapy. I knocked before I opened the door, and to my surprise, Freen was sitting on the couch alone with her eyes closed. She looks so tired that I can see little circles in her eyes. I walk closer to her and stop in front of her.

I looked her face closely while she was sleeping, and right now my heart was aching for this woman in front of me. She's not the Freen I used to know. It looks like she abandoned herself because I can see how she lost weight and her hair is messed up. I sit beside her and take her hand gently. At this moment, I see her open her eyes.

"Rebecca?" she said in surprise.

I painted a sad smile as I didn't take my eyes off her.

"What happened to you? I mean, what happened to us now, Hon?" I asked her.

She looks at me sadly as she breathes deeply.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to pick up your calls; I need to clear my mind first before I talk to you, and I guess this is the time that I've been waiting for," she said.

"I'm sorry, Hon, for hiding it from you. I wanted to tell you, but I'm afraid that you'll get mad at me. I never expected Xyza to tell you about it," I said, looking at her.

She smiles at me weakly.

"I trusted you, Rebecca; I know you won't do things that will harm our relationship. I admit at first I was mad at you; that's the reason why I was ignoring your calls, and my second reason was I was busy taking care of my mother. You know, I think I'm going crazy with what I discovered last month. I'm sorry if I forgot that you exist in my life." she said, stroking my hair gently.

"It's fine, Hon; we promised each other to take care of your parents, right? We still can do it now," I said, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"No, I can take care of Mom; I know you're busy with your career. I don't want to add the burden on you, "she said.

"Hon, you're never been a burden to me. God! Why do you think like that now?" I said looking at her.

But Freen just let out a heavy sigh. I know her very well, and now that she stops talking, I know that she doesn't want me to ask more questions about her life, and I respect that. Like I always told myself, respect each other's boundaries, and Freen is not exempt from it.

We sit silently as Freen squeezes my hand gently.

"I missed you, Rebecca. I missed you," she whispered, kissing my hand.

I looked up at her and kissed her on the lips.

"I missed you too, so much, Freen. There isn't a day that I didn't think of you. I was worried about you, but I don't know how to talk to you at that time," I said.

"Let's forget about it; always remember that I trusted you enough, so please don't break my trust, Rebecca," she said.

"I won't, Freen, I won't," I replied.

Again, we were silent until Xyza came out, pushing Mom's wheelchair.

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME