Chapter 5

"Master, we bring unfortunate news."

An old man replied, "Seeing as the holder of the ladybug isn't with you I assume this is related to her."

Tilly nodded her head, "An akuma used their powers on her, and unfortunately she is unable to fight. The problem is that the akuma has now taken her place and-"

"You risk revealing her identity to Chat Noir if you try and have him defeat the akuma?"

Tilly nodded once more. The old man dipped his head, "You've gotten yourself into quite a difficult situation. Chat Noir, what is your opinion on this?"

Chat Noir slipped out of his hiding place before taking a seat in front of the old man, "If I am to be honest, I would rather know her identity in order to save her than just leave things be."

"Ah, a heroic soul, fitting of your calling. I was right in my decision to choose you as the holder of the cat. However, I cannot let you be aware of Ladybug's identity."

"But-"

"You are not the only ones who bear the burden of the miraculous. There are others who have been holders for much longer than you two have. You must seek them out and receive their aid."

"Okay, then what, do I just sit by and wait till it's all over?"

"Yes. Although it is the pixies' fault for talking about the situation with you present, you cannot take the risk."

"Where do I even go to find the other holders?"

"The holder of the fox is who will aid you, they can be found by the scent of embers."

Frustrated, Adrien left and began his search. After a few hours of searching Set spoke up, " Do you know where you're going?"

"Instead of criticizing me, why don't you help me find the scent of ember because I don't know about you-"

"Head towards John Calvin Street. You must be an idiot if you couldn't figure that out."

Chat Noir followed the pixie's instructions, leading him to a somewhat shady building. He hesitated before opening the door and walking inside. In the building looked to be a boxing ring where two women appeared to be boxing. The two paused to look at the intruder. 

After a few moments, a woman with bold reddish-orange hair walked up to Chat Noir, "Chat Noir, how pleasant of you to join us, I assume you've come in search of the holder of the fox?"

One of the two women who were in the boxing ring spoke up, "I'm not letting my sister go with someone who I don't trust."

"Nora, it is her duty."

Chat Noir approached the boxing ring, "What must I do to gain your trust?"

"Beat me in a match."

--------------------------------

Nora after picking herself up burst into laughter, "You're pretty good, I haven't had a match like that in forever!"

Chat Noir stood victorious, a little worn out but otherwise, he was fine. Then the other woman Chat Noir had seen in the boxing ring originally approached him, "It's a pleasure to meet you Chat Noir, but may I ask, where is Ladybug?"

The woman with bold reddish-orange hair approached Chat Noir, "You've proven your worth, the fox miraculous will give you its aid." When she finished speaking, her body started to shift into that of a fox.

A voice called out, "Trix, let's pounce!" 

In a few moments, the fox disappeared. The same voice spoke to Chat Noir as a figure began approaching him, "Chat Noir, I'm Rena Rouge, holder of the fox miraculous. I will aid you in this battle against Hawk Moth."

Tilly then spoke, "Rena Rouge, holder of the fox, you will be facing your first akuma without Ladybug or Chat Noir. You must rely on your power of illusion to defeat the akuma."

"I understand," Rena Rouge turned back to face the woman in the ring, "I'll be back sis. Don't worry."