Chapter 2

The discussion was still going on when Manik heard the maid who was in Nandini's room calling him.

Maria – Manik sir...

Manik – yes...

Maria – Nandini ma'am is waking up

Hearing this Manik ran up the stairs while Pankhuri stopped others from following him.

Nandini's Room

Manik opened the door moving in and sitting down beside her. He started caressing her hair seeing she was about to wake up.

Nandini – Manik....

Manik – Firefly... see am here open your eyes pretty baby

Nandini opened her eyes and stared at Manik. She slowly raised her hand to touch his face to make herself believe that he was there. Sensing that Manik bent down, and she slowly touched his face making Manik smile in the process.

Nandini – You are real

Manik – nhi hona chahiye tha?

With this Nandini sat up with a jerk but Manik did not move from his place as he wanted to see what she would do next. Nandini slowly moved towards Manik not before checking if any was there in the room or not. The others who were just outside the door hid themselves so that Nandini could not see them. Even they wanted to see Nandini's next step. Nandini slowly pulled Manik's sleeves indicating him to sit properly on the bed which he did without a word. As he sat properly Nandini went closer to him and sat on his lap hiding her face in his neck. Seeing this everyone smiled. This is how she had always been with Manik when she was a baby.

Nandini – Manik

Nandini – Manik....

Manik – hmm..

Nandini – He won't come na....

Manik – who baby?

Nandini – Bhai....

Manik – But he toh left that night...

Nandini – No Manik he came and said that if I did not stop opening my legs to you then he would sell me and make sure that my legs are permanently kept open. I swear I did not do anything. And you are toh my friend na then why will do something like that. I am not like that. Promise no one ever touched me badly.

Manik was raging by now but he could not show it on his face as his doll was on his lap who would get scared.

Manik – Baby.... Cabir kab aaya tha?

Nandini – Raat ko I don't know how he got in but he came and after saying all those bad words he even said that if bhabhi sends him divorce notice then he would take me and sell me to his friend. Manik mujhe bacha lo please I don't wanna go away from you.

Manik – is that why you locked the door?

Nandini – Yes... I was scared and you were not there, I checked your room. His words were roaming in my head, and I got scared and then I fainted.