➢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ

Why did humans fear nights so much? Their brains were always on alert once the sun went to hide behind the wide horizon, causing the sky's bright colors to fade into a single plain hue

Boys, for example, would always walk their girlfriends home after a long day to ensure their safety. But the second the girls set foot into their house, anxiety would settle upon their boyfriends who were desperately trying to seem all tough in front of their better half.

Was it because of the darkness? The silence that the night left behind? Or was it because of the dangers that lured their prey into the shadows?

Whatever the reasons, Y/n didn't care. She did know that anxiety was a complex concept and that it took a lot to overcome it. She just couldn't quite grasp its logic. If only humans appreciated and acknowledged the little things a bit more, then they would find beauty in the seemingly perilous nights.

Just because there may be dangers clinging onto the time of the moon, it didn't mean that its beautiful things have to fade into oblivion.
People tended to forget that crucial aspect. That was just how humans were. It was like that from the very beginning.

Y/n silently walked on a tree lined path as she listened to the soothing melody of the night. She could hear the rustling of the leaves in the soft night breeze and there were still a few birds chirping their last lullabies, hiding behind the trees' green. Even the sounds of her steady footsteps put her at ease.

The dim streetlights on the edges of her path dipped her surroundings in sweet honey. From afar, the bubbly babbling of a creek filled her ears. Goosebumps spread on her entire skin—not because she was afraid, but because a feeling of serenity conquered her mind. That moment would have been truly wholesome and almost perfect if Bachira hadn't snapped the girl out of her trance.

"Y/n, I'm begging you. Please!"
"I already told you, no." She walked ahead of her best friend who couldn't stop pestering her about an upcoming soccer game of his and ignored his pleading. Whining, he ran after the h/c haired girl and continuously tugged on her shirt in order to slow her down.

Don't misunderstand, It wasn't that she didn't want to go. She just couldn't. She couldn't since school was one of her highest priorities and she felt the urgent need to study more than she already was. Her academic achievements were not enough—in her opinion at least.

Having had enough of his whining, she smacked his hand away and turned around to face him, shooting a glare at her friend. "You're literally one of the smartest students in school! Why would you want to study even more? This can't be healthy."

"But I'm still not the best." Y/n retorted, which caused Meguru to let out an exasperated sigh. He dramatically stretched it out to show her how annoyed he was.

"You always have school on your mind."
"You always have soccer on your mind." She stuck out her tongue at him when she realized that he couldn't come up with another comeback. Fact is that she'd always win their little arguments and that would never change.