Feelings Grow

"And I feel, like I just got home." -Madonna
*foward to the end of the school year*

As I was nearing the end of the school year, things began to grow insane. Every year we have an end of the year dance, and the name of this year's was "The Lonely Hearts Club Dance". How nice of it to be a couples/partner/date dance. Kids were obviously not going to have lonely hearts at this dance. You could only imagine how much I wanted to go with Alexandre. Over the year Alexandre's popularity as the heartthrob of the school had skyrocketed.

Another reason I loved him: he chose not to accept it.

All throughout the year, Brina Carlisle had been badgering me to ask him out. That was exactly my problem. As you would've probably inferred from earlier in the book, Brina told the entire school that I liked him. It went in one ear and out of the other for most people, because it was old news. But not Brina's, though.
Alexandre avoided me for the rest of the entire school year.

After school I rode my bike home, like any other normal day. On the way home, I spotted Alexandre walking to his house across the street. Oh my gosh he's such a beautiful person, I thought. Look at his flawless gait, the way he ignores fawning passerby girls, his amazing Duran-Duran t-shirt.

Before I knew it, my bike stumbled over a curb and sent me hurtling toward the nearby bush. I heard fast footsteps, and looked only to see Alexandre making a bee-line to where I had fallen.

"Oh my god Cassidie! Are you okay?" he yelled. "Um, yeah, thanks. How do you know my name?" I mumbled. "Well we do have five classes together," he answered. "Oh yeah, that." My face burned red.
"Well I should be going," I said. "Thanks anyways."
"No problem. See you at school. Stay cool, Cassidie," he replied.
From that moment on, I believed I loved him more than anything.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

*authors note*
Chapter song: Ray of Light by Madonna